Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I expected a lot of heartwarming comments to follow the post about Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donating a kidney to freshman baseball player Kevin Jordan. The first comment, however, from Kevin S., cut right to the chase:
Jordan was then declared ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits.
I’d laugh harder if I thought that the NCAA wouldn’t at least consider it.
In the same amusing vein, The Common Man has spent much of this morning on Twitter speculating which major league players and managers would donate a kidney and what might happen if they did. I think this, this and this are my favorites.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 32
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 20
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)