Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I expected a lot of heartwarming comments to follow the post about Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donating a kidney to freshman baseball player Kevin Jordan. The first comment, however, from Kevin S., cut right to the chase:
Jordan was then declared ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits.
I’d laugh harder if I thought that the NCAA wouldn’t at least consider it.
In the same amusing vein, The Common Man has spent much of this morning on Twitter speculating which major league players and managers would donate a kidney and what might happen if they did. I think this, this and this are my favorites.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 119
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 78
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (124)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)