Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I expected a lot of heartwarming comments to follow the post about Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donating a kidney to freshman baseball player Kevin Jordan. The first comment, however, from Kevin S., cut right to the chase:
Jordan was then declared ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits.
I’d laugh harder if I thought that the NCAA wouldn’t at least consider it.
In the same amusing vein, The Common Man has spent much of this morning on Twitter speculating which major league players and managers would donate a kidney and what might happen if they did. I think this, this and this are my favorites.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1