Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I expected a lot of heartwarming comments to follow the post about Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donating a kidney to freshman baseball player Kevin Jordan. The first comment, however, from Kevin S., cut right to the chase:
Jordan was then declared ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits.
I’d laugh harder if I thought that the NCAA wouldn’t at least consider it.
In the same amusing vein, The Common Man has spent much of this morning on Twitter speculating which major league players and managers would donate a kidney and what might happen if they did. I think this, this and this are my favorites.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (92)