Feb 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I expected a lot of heartwarming comments to follow the post about Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donating a kidney to freshman baseball player Kevin Jordan. The first comment, however, from Kevin S., cut right to the chase:
Jordan was then declared ineligible for receiving impermissible benefits.
I’d laugh harder if I thought that the NCAA wouldn’t at least consider it.
In the same amusing vein, The Common Man has spent much of this morning on Twitter speculating which major league players and managers would donate a kidney and what might happen if they did. I think this, this and this are my favorites.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)