Feb 8, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
I was somewhat sympathetic to Mark Cuban last week when he got out in front of the Mets speculation by saying “nope, not interested.” I mean, everyone always mentions his name when this stuff happens, so good for him for heading it off at the pass.
Sadly, it seems, that when it comes to getting his name mentioned in connection with a fluid ownership situation, he simply can’t help himself:
Cuban told the Daily News Monday night via email that while no one “representing the Mets” has contacted him thus far, more than one investment group has approached him to gauge his interest in investing in an ownership stake.
Honesty is honesty, so no, I don’t expect someone to lie about such things if asked. But really, Mark: at some point you could offer up a “no comment” when people are poking you about team ownership. Otherwise it sort of looks like you get off on having your name thrown around in these discussions. And you’re certainly far too busy with other matters to engage in such ego stroking exercises, aren’t you?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)