Feb 8, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Mets doctor David Altchek cleared Santana to begin tossing a baseball on Jan. 14, but Santana’s physical therapist in Fort Myers, Fla., preferred the ace first replicate throwing motions doing other excercises. So Santana has been using a “pitch-back”-type netting and throwing a weighted ball against it. He’s also doing a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -type skyhook motion and bouncing a ball off a wall.
Next up for Santana? The javelin throw. OK, just kidding about that.
It’s not known when Santana will begin throwing a baseball, but he’s not expected to return until June or July.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination