Feb 8, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Mets doctor David Altchek cleared Santana to begin tossing a baseball on Jan. 14, but Santana’s physical therapist in Fort Myers, Fla., preferred the ace first replicate throwing motions doing other excercises. So Santana has been using a “pitch-back”-type netting and throwing a weighted ball against it. He’s also doing a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -type skyhook motion and bouncing a ball off a wall.
Next up for Santana? The javelin throw. OK, just kidding about that.
It’s not known when Santana will begin throwing a baseball, but he’s not expected to return until June or July.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 14
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 63
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)