So, Pete Rose and two franchise cornerstones walk into a bar in Las Vegas …

Feb 8, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT

peterose-girlfriend-091111-thumb-550x374-3997

If you run the Rockies or the Rays, how happy are you to hear that a gossip sheet is running a pic of Troy Tulowitzki and Evan Longoria standing next to Pete Rose in Las Vegas?

I’m sure it was all innocent, but if you put it just the right (or wrong) way, it has to give you that “catch yourself from falling just as you’re drifting off to sleep” feeling.

And I’m not a betting man myself, but you just know that this encounter ended with Tulo and Longoria saying “No, it’s cool Mr. Rose. Thanks for the invite, but we, um, really have some other … stuff to be doing … away from here. Now.”

1. yankeesfanlen - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:07 PM

It looks like they’re setting up Charlie Hustle to throw him in the meat freezer.

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Craig, can you please clarify which one of the two in the above pic is Tulowitzki and which is Longoria? At first, I assumed the one on my right was Longoria, but now I think it’s Tulowitski because the right one clearly requires more support. On the other…um…hand, the one on my left clearly stands proud on its own, thus must be Longoria.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 8, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Poor guy still can’t find his cap, either.

3. Jonny 5 - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

He’s got Moobs!!! Pete, sling those puppies up in a manziere before you hurt someone, or get one caught in a roulette wheel. Goodness.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Leave it to J5 to point out the moobs, while I point out the boobs. That’s the real difference between Phils and Braves fans: the latter’s truer perspective on life.

• Jonny 5 - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Bravo!,I looked at the link, and it was all dudes. One had breasts. But seriously, I hate seeing Pete like this. There is little hope for my future as I see one of the best athletes ever grow man appendages from his chest. They’re almost as big as the ones in pink above.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I hear you on that front. The prospect of moobies is all the deterrant I need to try to stay fit with age…One thing can be said, at least the moobies are real.

4. mgflolox - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Did anybody here ever get to see Pete Rose play during his prime? He wasn’t called “Charlie Hustle” back then because of his gambling. He was easily the most intense competitor in the game, maybe in the history of the game. Yeah, he broke the rules and has paid a pretty steep price for that, but I don’t think you’ll find anybody connected with MLB who would tell you that anybody ever played harder to win baseball games than Pete Rose.

5. Utley's Hair - Feb 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM

No worries—Longoria just heard that Pete had his baseball cap and wanted it back.

Pitching vs. history in NL wild card game
  1. D. Jeter (3007)