Feb 8, 2011, 9:22 AM EST
As D.J. noted last night Young is from Southern California and the Dodgers are on his list of teams to which he’d accept a trade. But really, there isn’t much to suggest a match here. The Dodgers don’t have a ton of money to spend, thus meaning that the Rangers would probably have to pick up even more of Young’s contract to send him to the Dodgers than they otherwise will.
More to the point, though, is that there isn’t a clear position for Young to play in L.A. Casey Blake has third base covered, Furcal has short, Loney has first and there is no DH. If Young is all bent out of shape about not having a set position in Texas, the Dodgers aren’t going to make him feel any better on that score.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)