Feb 8, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
As D.J. noted last night Young is from Southern California and the Dodgers are on his list of teams to which he’d accept a trade. But really, there isn’t much to suggest a match here. The Dodgers don’t have a ton of money to spend, thus meaning that the Rangers would probably have to pick up even more of Young’s contract to send him to the Dodgers than they otherwise will.
More to the point, though, is that there isn’t a clear position for Young to play in L.A. Casey Blake has third base covered, Furcal has short, Loney has first and there is no DH. If Young is all bent out of shape about not having a set position in Texas, the Dodgers aren’t going to make him feel any better on that score.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)