Feb 8, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
As D.J. noted last night Young is from Southern California and the Dodgers are on his list of teams to which he’d accept a trade. But really, there isn’t much to suggest a match here. The Dodgers don’t have a ton of money to spend, thus meaning that the Rangers would probably have to pick up even more of Young’s contract to send him to the Dodgers than they otherwise will.
More to the point, though, is that there isn’t a clear position for Young to play in L.A. Casey Blake has third base covered, Furcal has short, Loney has first and there is no DH. If Young is all bent out of shape about not having a set position in Texas, the Dodgers aren’t going to make him feel any better on that score.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million