Feb 8, 2011, 9:22 AM EDT
As D.J. noted last night Young is from Southern California and the Dodgers are on his list of teams to which he’d accept a trade. But really, there isn’t much to suggest a match here. The Dodgers don’t have a ton of money to spend, thus meaning that the Rangers would probably have to pick up even more of Young’s contract to send him to the Dodgers than they otherwise will.
More to the point, though, is that there isn’t a clear position for Young to play in L.A. Casey Blake has third base covered, Furcal has short, Loney has first and there is no DH. If Young is all bent out of shape about not having a set position in Texas, the Dodgers aren’t going to make him feel any better on that score.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11