Feb 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: Erik Boland talked to Chamberlain. Joba says his added weight is muscle, and is the result of adding a home gym this winter. So there.
Joba looks like he gained some weight.
Not cool for a guy who is about to embark on a season that could make or break his career.
Anyway, know what would be funny? If the ballplayers took to Twitter and commented on the writers’ weight. “Looks like Calcaterra developed an allergy to vegetables this winter.” “Gleeman ain’t in the best shape of his life.”
Of course, that would assume that the players give a rat’s patootie about who we are. Which is not a safe assumption.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)