Feb 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
UPDATE: Erik Boland talked to Chamberlain. Joba says his added weight is muscle, and is the result of adding a home gym this winter. So there.
Joba looks like he gained some weight.
Not cool for a guy who is about to embark on a season that could make or break his career.
Anyway, know what would be funny? If the ballplayers took to Twitter and commented on the writers’ weight. “Looks like Calcaterra developed an allergy to vegetables this winter.” “Gleeman ain’t in the best shape of his life.”
Of course, that would assume that the players give a rat’s patootie about who we are. Which is not a safe assumption.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)