Feb 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
UPDATE: Erik Boland talked to Chamberlain. Joba says his added weight is muscle, and is the result of adding a home gym this winter. So there.
Joba looks like he gained some weight.
Not cool for a guy who is about to embark on a season that could make or break his career.
Anyway, know what would be funny? If the ballplayers took to Twitter and commented on the writers’ weight. “Looks like Calcaterra developed an allergy to vegetables this winter.” “Gleeman ain’t in the best shape of his life.”
Of course, that would assume that the players give a rat’s patootie about who we are. Which is not a safe assumption.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 10
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)