Feb 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
UPDATE: Erik Boland talked to Chamberlain. Joba says his added weight is muscle, and is the result of adding a home gym this winter. So there.
Joba looks like he gained some weight.
Not cool for a guy who is about to embark on a season that could make or break his career.
Anyway, know what would be funny? If the ballplayers took to Twitter and commented on the writers’ weight. “Looks like Calcaterra developed an allergy to vegetables this winter.” “Gleeman ain’t in the best shape of his life.”
Of course, that would assume that the players give a rat’s patootie about who we are. Which is not a safe assumption.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)