Feb 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
UPDATE: Erik Boland talked to Chamberlain. Joba says his added weight is muscle, and is the result of adding a home gym this winter. So there.
Joba looks like he gained some weight.
Not cool for a guy who is about to embark on a season that could make or break his career.
Anyway, know what would be funny? If the ballplayers took to Twitter and commented on the writers’ weight. “Looks like Calcaterra developed an allergy to vegetables this winter.” “Gleeman ain’t in the best shape of his life.”
Of course, that would assume that the players give a rat’s patootie about who we are. Which is not a safe assumption.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (219)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)