Feb 9, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
I’d probably mock this a bit more if Snooki, JWoww and The Situation hadn’t already gotten book deals. I mean, those guys make Canseco seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald:
Unlike in 2005 and 2008 – when his books “Juiced” and “Vindicated” named baseball stars in the same sentence with PED use – Canseco, who has recently taken to Twitter to his spread his message and pitch his wares, says book No. 3 will be an honest look at how telling the truth cost him his livelihood.
“Basically the name of the book is, ‘The Truth Hurts.’ It destroyed my life,” Canseco told the Daily News Tuesday. “It’s completely accurate, of course. I only write books that depict truthful things.”
I feel bad that Jose Canseco is miserable, but really, what did he think would happen when he decided to expose Major League Baseball and so many of its marquee stars? That they’d embrace him and give him a job and stuff? Jose Canseco complaining about being blackballed and financially ruined by baseball is like Upton Sinclair complaining about how he can’t get that gig down at the meatpacking plant.
In a perfect world, the messenger is never killed. But we don’t live in a perfect world. And Canseco doesn’t live in the real world.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 2
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 177
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (180)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)