Feb 9, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
I’d probably mock this a bit more if Snooki, JWoww and The Situation hadn’t already gotten book deals. I mean, those guys make Canseco seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald:
Unlike in 2005 and 2008 – when his books “Juiced” and “Vindicated” named baseball stars in the same sentence with PED use – Canseco, who has recently taken to Twitter to his spread his message and pitch his wares, says book No. 3 will be an honest look at how telling the truth cost him his livelihood.
“Basically the name of the book is, ‘The Truth Hurts.’ It destroyed my life,” Canseco told the Daily News Tuesday. “It’s completely accurate, of course. I only write books that depict truthful things.”
I feel bad that Jose Canseco is miserable, but really, what did he think would happen when he decided to expose Major League Baseball and so many of its marquee stars? That they’d embrace him and give him a job and stuff? Jose Canseco complaining about being blackballed and financially ruined by baseball is like Upton Sinclair complaining about how he can’t get that gig down at the meatpacking plant.
In a perfect world, the messenger is never killed. But we don’t live in a perfect world. And Canseco doesn’t live in the real world.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)