Feb 9, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
I’d probably mock this a bit more if Snooki, JWoww and The Situation hadn’t already gotten book deals. I mean, those guys make Canseco seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald:
Unlike in 2005 and 2008 – when his books “Juiced” and “Vindicated” named baseball stars in the same sentence with PED use – Canseco, who has recently taken to Twitter to his spread his message and pitch his wares, says book No. 3 will be an honest look at how telling the truth cost him his livelihood.
“Basically the name of the book is, ‘The Truth Hurts.’ It destroyed my life,” Canseco told the Daily News Tuesday. “It’s completely accurate, of course. I only write books that depict truthful things.”
I feel bad that Jose Canseco is miserable, but really, what did he think would happen when he decided to expose Major League Baseball and so many of its marquee stars? That they’d embrace him and give him a job and stuff? Jose Canseco complaining about being blackballed and financially ruined by baseball is like Upton Sinclair complaining about how he can’t get that gig down at the meatpacking plant.
In a perfect world, the messenger is never killed. But we don’t live in a perfect world. And Canseco doesn’t live in the real world.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)