Feb 9, 2011, 6:09 AM EST
I’d probably mock this a bit more if Snooki, JWoww and The Situation hadn’t already gotten book deals. I mean, those guys make Canseco seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald:
Unlike in 2005 and 2008 – when his books “Juiced” and “Vindicated” named baseball stars in the same sentence with PED use – Canseco, who has recently taken to Twitter to his spread his message and pitch his wares, says book No. 3 will be an honest look at how telling the truth cost him his livelihood.
“Basically the name of the book is, ‘The Truth Hurts.’ It destroyed my life,” Canseco told the Daily News Tuesday. “It’s completely accurate, of course. I only write books that depict truthful things.”
I feel bad that Jose Canseco is miserable, but really, what did he think would happen when he decided to expose Major League Baseball and so many of its marquee stars? That they’d embrace him and give him a job and stuff? Jose Canseco complaining about being blackballed and financially ruined by baseball is like Upton Sinclair complaining about how he can’t get that gig down at the meatpacking plant.
In a perfect world, the messenger is never killed. But we don’t live in a perfect world. And Canseco doesn’t live in the real world.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)