Feb 9, 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
I have no idea what I’d be doing if I was a Twins fan these days. Probably freaking out a lot, knowing that the season could very well hinge on Justin Morneau‘s recovery from the least understood malady affecting athletes this side of the yips. Unfortunately, the placebo effect of tapping various parts of one’s body and focusing on positive energy isn’t enough to bring a guy back from a brain injury.
Fortunately, Joe Christensen has some good news: Morneau has been working out and swinging a bat in the past week or so with no problems reported. He says he’s happy with his progress.
Like all of the other reports we’ve read about Morneau, this one is couched in caution, but you gotta take the positive wherever you can find it.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)