Feb 9, 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
I have no idea what I’d be doing if I was a Twins fan these days. Probably freaking out a lot, knowing that the season could very well hinge on Justin Morneau‘s recovery from the least understood malady affecting athletes this side of the yips. Unfortunately, the placebo effect of tapping various parts of one’s body and focusing on positive energy isn’t enough to bring a guy back from a brain injury.
Fortunately, Joe Christensen has some good news: Morneau has been working out and swinging a bat in the past week or so with no problems reported. He says he’s happy with his progress.
Like all of the other reports we’ve read about Morneau, this one is couched in caution, but you gotta take the positive wherever you can find it.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)