Feb 9, 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
I have no idea what I’d be doing if I was a Twins fan these days. Probably freaking out a lot, knowing that the season could very well hinge on Justin Morneau‘s recovery from the least understood malady affecting athletes this side of the yips. Unfortunately, the placebo effect of tapping various parts of one’s body and focusing on positive energy isn’t enough to bring a guy back from a brain injury.
Fortunately, Joe Christensen has some good news: Morneau has been working out and swinging a bat in the past week or so with no problems reported. He says he’s happy with his progress.
Like all of the other reports we’ve read about Morneau, this one is couched in caution, but you gotta take the positive wherever you can find it.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)