Feb 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
UPDATE: It seems that the traffic to the ballpark pics place from HBT and many other sites is crushing the servers. Last I checked, the stadium renderings were mostly down. Bookmark it, though, and head back later. It’s well worth it.
This page contains images/drawings/renderings of ballparks that never made it out of the planning stage or were significantly altered in final form.
My favorite is probably the dome rendering for the San Francisco Giants circa 1983. It’s like someone plopped Olympic Stadium and all of its charms right on the Embarcadero and had pictures of it taken by some 1950s-era U.F.O. photographer.
The “Chicago Domes” thing looks like clipper ships.
And at the risk of blasphemy, I’ll go on record and say it: we all may have complained about it, but people would probably enjoy themselves a lot more if they had built New Fenway Park. Legroom, don’t you know.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 4
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 67
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)