Feb 9, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
This summer the Cubs are coming to Fenway Park for the first time since the 1918 World Series.* It’s gonna be a tough ticket. So tough that the Sox are going to sell them via random drawing. Yankees tickets too, though I’m guessing they’ve done that before. They’re also drawing for Green Monster seats and for seats on the roof deck in right field. All of the details for the drawing are here.
Serious question: are the Monster seats any good? I mean, I know that they’re probably fun to sit in because, hey, they’re on the Green Monster, but how’s the view? Are they substantially better than bleacher seats in other parks? I presume they’re a little bit better seeing as though they’re closer, but are they so much better than your usual outfield seats that they’re worth the enormous expense and that they justify random drawings? Or is it just hype?
I honestly have no idea. I just know that I’m usually not all that happy when I have to sit in the bleachers when I go to the ballpark.
*For fun: who can tell me what was unique about the 1918 World Series. No lookin’ it up either.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)