Feb 9, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
This summer the Cubs are coming to Fenway Park for the first time since the 1918 World Series.* It’s gonna be a tough ticket. So tough that the Sox are going to sell them via random drawing. Yankees tickets too, though I’m guessing they’ve done that before. They’re also drawing for Green Monster seats and for seats on the roof deck in right field. All of the details for the drawing are here.
Serious question: are the Monster seats any good? I mean, I know that they’re probably fun to sit in because, hey, they’re on the Green Monster, but how’s the view? Are they substantially better than bleacher seats in other parks? I presume they’re a little bit better seeing as though they’re closer, but are they so much better than your usual outfield seats that they’re worth the enormous expense and that they justify random drawings? Or is it just hype?
I honestly have no idea. I just know that I’m usually not all that happy when I have to sit in the bleachers when I go to the ballpark.
*For fun: who can tell me what was unique about the 1918 World Series. No lookin’ it up either.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)