Feb 9, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
This summer the Cubs are coming to Fenway Park for the first time since the 1918 World Series.* It’s gonna be a tough ticket. So tough that the Sox are going to sell them via random drawing. Yankees tickets too, though I’m guessing they’ve done that before. They’re also drawing for Green Monster seats and for seats on the roof deck in right field. All of the details for the drawing are here.
Serious question: are the Monster seats any good? I mean, I know that they’re probably fun to sit in because, hey, they’re on the Green Monster, but how’s the view? Are they substantially better than bleacher seats in other parks? I presume they’re a little bit better seeing as though they’re closer, but are they so much better than your usual outfield seats that they’re worth the enormous expense and that they justify random drawings? Or is it just hype?
I honestly have no idea. I just know that I’m usually not all that happy when I have to sit in the bleachers when I go to the ballpark.
*For fun: who can tell me what was unique about the 1918 World Series. No lookin’ it up either.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)