Feb 9, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
This summer the Cubs are coming to Fenway Park for the first time since the 1918 World Series.* It’s gonna be a tough ticket. So tough that the Sox are going to sell them via random drawing. Yankees tickets too, though I’m guessing they’ve done that before. They’re also drawing for Green Monster seats and for seats on the roof deck in right field. All of the details for the drawing are here.
Serious question: are the Monster seats any good? I mean, I know that they’re probably fun to sit in because, hey, they’re on the Green Monster, but how’s the view? Are they substantially better than bleacher seats in other parks? I presume they’re a little bit better seeing as though they’re closer, but are they so much better than your usual outfield seats that they’re worth the enormous expense and that they justify random drawings? Or is it just hype?
I honestly have no idea. I just know that I’m usually not all that happy when I have to sit in the bleachers when I go to the ballpark.
*For fun: who can tell me what was unique about the 1918 World Series. No lookin’ it up either.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)