Feb 9, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
This summer the Cubs are coming to Fenway Park for the first time since the 1918 World Series.* It’s gonna be a tough ticket. So tough that the Sox are going to sell them via random drawing. Yankees tickets too, though I’m guessing they’ve done that before. They’re also drawing for Green Monster seats and for seats on the roof deck in right field. All of the details for the drawing are here.
Serious question: are the Monster seats any good? I mean, I know that they’re probably fun to sit in because, hey, they’re on the Green Monster, but how’s the view? Are they substantially better than bleacher seats in other parks? I presume they’re a little bit better seeing as though they’re closer, but are they so much better than your usual outfield seats that they’re worth the enormous expense and that they justify random drawings? Or is it just hype?
I honestly have no idea. I just know that I’m usually not all that happy when I have to sit in the bleachers when I go to the ballpark.
*For fun: who can tell me what was unique about the 1918 World Series. No lookin’ it up either.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)