Feb 10, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
Felix is a 25-year-old Cy Young winner, but Moises is a 27-year-old journeyman with a 4.37 ERA in six minor-league seasons spent in the Orioles’ and Braves’ systems.
Larry Stone does write that Moises “bears an uncanny resemblance to his brother” and actually mistook him for King Felix at an airport last year, but there won’t be any spring training hijinks because the minor-league contract doesn’t even include an invite to big-league camp.
Moises didn’t pitch in the minors last season, so this looks mostly like a favor to Felix and a chance for his brother to spend the season earning some decent money at Double-A or Triple-A.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)