Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
On the heels of Joe Christensen’s report this morning that the Twins may be open to trading Francisco Liriano comes a column by the Star Tribune’s Howard Sinker in which he toys with a possible scenario: a Francisco Liriano for Michael Young trade:
In a deal with the Twins, that would mean Texas picking up a big chunk of Young’s salary. For the Rangers, it means getting a lefty pitcher who doesn’t have Lee’s credentials, but brings a lot more to them than other options.
It would be an insane trade of the Rangers picked up all of Young’s salary. Really, it might be one of the worst trades in living memory.
Can someone please tell me where this Liriano hate is coming from at the Strib today? Was there a meeting last with talking points handed out that I missed? We’re still talking about the same Liriano about whom there was non-trivial discussion as a Cy Young candidate last year, right?
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him