Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
On the heels of Joe Christensen’s report this morning that the Twins may be open to trading Francisco Liriano comes a column by the Star Tribune’s Howard Sinker in which he toys with a possible scenario: a Francisco Liriano for Michael Young trade:
In a deal with the Twins, that would mean Texas picking up a big chunk of Young’s salary. For the Rangers, it means getting a lefty pitcher who doesn’t have Lee’s credentials, but brings a lot more to them than other options.
It would be an insane trade of the Rangers picked up all of Young’s salary. Really, it might be one of the worst trades in living memory.
Can someone please tell me where this Liriano hate is coming from at the Strib today? Was there a meeting last with talking points handed out that I missed? We’re still talking about the same Liriano about whom there was non-trivial discussion as a Cy Young candidate last year, right?
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)