Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
On the heels of Joe Christensen’s report this morning that the Twins may be open to trading Francisco Liriano comes a column by the Star Tribune’s Howard Sinker in which he toys with a possible scenario: a Francisco Liriano for Michael Young trade:
In a deal with the Twins, that would mean Texas picking up a big chunk of Young’s salary. For the Rangers, it means getting a lefty pitcher who doesn’t have Lee’s credentials, but brings a lot more to them than other options.
It would be an insane trade of the Rangers picked up all of Young’s salary. Really, it might be one of the worst trades in living memory.
Can someone please tell me where this Liriano hate is coming from at the Strib today? Was there a meeting last with talking points handed out that I missed? We’re still talking about the same Liriano about whom there was non-trivial discussion as a Cy Young candidate last year, right?
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)