Feb 10, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
On the heels of Joe Christensen’s report this morning that the Twins may be open to trading Francisco Liriano comes a column by the Star Tribune’s Howard Sinker in which he toys with a possible scenario: a Francisco Liriano for Michael Young trade:
In a deal with the Twins, that would mean Texas picking up a big chunk of Young’s salary. For the Rangers, it means getting a lefty pitcher who doesn’t have Lee’s credentials, but brings a lot more to them than other options.
It would be an insane trade of the Rangers picked up all of Young’s salary. Really, it might be one of the worst trades in living memory.
Can someone please tell me where this Liriano hate is coming from at the Strib today? Was there a meeting last with talking points handed out that I missed? We’re still talking about the same Liriano about whom there was non-trivial discussion as a Cy Young candidate last year, right?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)