Feb 10, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
Another minor deal to report.
According to CAA Baseball’s official Twitter feed, the Padres have signed left-handed reliever Randy Flores to a minor league contract and have issued him an invitation to spring training.
CAA, by the way, stands for Creative Artists Agency. It’s a massive firm that represents show business people and professional athletes. Flores is one of their clients.
The 35-year-old posted a nice-looking 2.96 ERA in 27.1 innings for the Rockies over the first several months of the 2010 season, but left-handed batters registered a frightening .295/.380/.508 overall batting line against him and he completely fell apart once the Twins claimed him off waivers in late August.
He’ll need to put on a show this spring in order to secure a bullpen gig with San Diego.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)