Feb 10, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
Another minor deal to report.
According to CAA Baseball’s official Twitter feed, the Padres have signed left-handed reliever Randy Flores to a minor league contract and have issued him an invitation to spring training.
CAA, by the way, stands for Creative Artists Agency. It’s a massive firm that represents show business people and professional athletes. Flores is one of their clients.
The 35-year-old posted a nice-looking 2.96 ERA in 27.1 innings for the Rockies over the first several months of the 2010 season, but left-handed batters registered a frightening .295/.380/.508 overall batting line against him and he completely fell apart once the Twins claimed him off waivers in late August.
He’ll need to put on a show this spring in order to secure a bullpen gig with San Diego.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)