Feb 11, 2011, 7:15 PM EST
Oh well. We’re pretty sure Boras will find a way to get along just fine without him.
11:27 PM: Robinson Cano switched agents last week, going from Bobby Barad to Scott Boras, and now Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Boras has also lured one of his Yankees teammates away from his current representation.
Sherman quotes “two sources” as saying that Nick Swisher “is leaving his longtime agent Joe Bick to go with Boras.” Once that happens, Boras would represent four-ninths of the Yankees’ lineup with Cano, Swisher, Alex Rodriguez, and Mark Teixeira, plus setup man Rafael Soriano and backup outfielder Andruw Jones.
The timing of Cano’s agent switch seemed odd, because he’s under the Yankees’ control through 2013 anyway. Swisher is under team control through 2012, as he’ll earn $9 million this season and the Yankees have a $10.25 million option or $1 million buyout for 2012.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)