Feb 11, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
Oh well. We’re pretty sure Boras will find a way to get along just fine without him.
11:27 PM: Robinson Cano switched agents last week, going from Bobby Barad to Scott Boras, and now Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Boras has also lured one of his Yankees teammates away from his current representation.
Sherman quotes “two sources” as saying that Nick Swisher “is leaving his longtime agent Joe Bick to go with Boras.” Once that happens, Boras would represent four-ninths of the Yankees’ lineup with Cano, Swisher, Alex Rodriguez, and Mark Teixeira, plus setup man Rafael Soriano and backup outfielder Andruw Jones.
The timing of Cano’s agent switch seemed odd, because he’s under the Yankees’ control through 2013 anyway. Swisher is under team control through 2012, as he’ll earn $9 million this season and the Yankees have a $10.25 million option or $1 million buyout for 2012.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)