Feb 11, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
Oh well. We’re pretty sure Boras will find a way to get along just fine without him.
11:27 PM: Robinson Cano switched agents last week, going from Bobby Barad to Scott Boras, and now Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Boras has also lured one of his Yankees teammates away from his current representation.
Sherman quotes “two sources” as saying that Nick Swisher “is leaving his longtime agent Joe Bick to go with Boras.” Once that happens, Boras would represent four-ninths of the Yankees’ lineup with Cano, Swisher, Alex Rodriguez, and Mark Teixeira, plus setup man Rafael Soriano and backup outfielder Andruw Jones.
The timing of Cano’s agent switch seemed odd, because he’s under the Yankees’ control through 2013 anyway. Swisher is under team control through 2012, as he’ll earn $9 million this season and the Yankees have a $10.25 million option or $1 million buyout for 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)