Feb 11, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
Oh well. We’re pretty sure Boras will find a way to get along just fine without him.
11:27 PM: Robinson Cano switched agents last week, going from Bobby Barad to Scott Boras, and now Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Boras has also lured one of his Yankees teammates away from his current representation.
Sherman quotes “two sources” as saying that Nick Swisher “is leaving his longtime agent Joe Bick to go with Boras.” Once that happens, Boras would represent four-ninths of the Yankees’ lineup with Cano, Swisher, Alex Rodriguez, and Mark Teixeira, plus setup man Rafael Soriano and backup outfielder Andruw Jones.
The timing of Cano’s agent switch seemed odd, because he’s under the Yankees’ control through 2013 anyway. Swisher is under team control through 2012, as he’ll earn $9 million this season and the Yankees have a $10.25 million option or $1 million buyout for 2012.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)