Feb 12, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Indians still have interest in free agent right-hander Jeremy Bonderman, but only on a minor league deal.
The Indians have also been connected to veteran right-hander Kevin Millwood, but Hoynes writes that they naturally aren’t willing to give him the one-year, $4 million contract he desires.
Bonderman, 28, went 8-10 with a 5.33 ERA over 171 innings with the Tigers last season. He has a lowly 5.19 ERA since the start of the 2007 season. A minor league deal sounds about right.
If Bonderman is signed, he would presumably compete with Jeanmar Gomez, Josh Tomlin, David Huff and Anthony Reyes for the final spot in the starting rotation. That’s one mighty intimidating group.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)