Feb 12, 2011, 11:10 AM EST
Milton Bradley’s attorney released a statement yesterday saying that his client has been cleared of all charges in regards to a felony arrest for making threats against his wife last month. According to the Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office has a different take on the situation.
“That’s a very optimistic way of interpreting it,” said Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the office.
Mateljan continued by saying that Bradley hasn’t been cleared of anything and criminal charges can be filed for up to a year after a complaint is first lodged with police. In other words, he isn’t getting a clean slate here. If another incident happens with his wife sometime in the near future, he could face the charges from his arrest last month.
We all have our opinions about Bradley as a ballplayer and a person, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 33
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)