Feb 12, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
Milton Bradley’s attorney released a statement yesterday saying that his client has been cleared of all charges in regards to a felony arrest for making threats against his wife last month. According to the Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office has a different take on the situation.
“That’s a very optimistic way of interpreting it,” said Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the office.
Mateljan continued by saying that Bradley hasn’t been cleared of anything and criminal charges can be filed for up to a year after a complaint is first lodged with police. In other words, he isn’t getting a clean slate here. If another incident happens with his wife sometime in the near future, he could face the charges from his arrest last month.
We all have our opinions about Bradley as a ballplayer and a person, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)