Feb 12, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
Milton Bradley’s attorney released a statement yesterday saying that his client has been cleared of all charges in regards to a felony arrest for making threats against his wife last month. According to the Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office has a different take on the situation.
“That’s a very optimistic way of interpreting it,” said Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the office.
Mateljan continued by saying that Bradley hasn’t been cleared of anything and criminal charges can be filed for up to a year after a complaint is first lodged with police. In other words, he isn’t getting a clean slate here. If another incident happens with his wife sometime in the near future, he could face the charges from his arrest last month.
We all have our opinions about Bradley as a ballplayer and a person, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)