Feb 12, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
Milton Bradley’s attorney released a statement yesterday saying that his client has been cleared of all charges in regards to a felony arrest for making threats against his wife last month. According to the Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office has a different take on the situation.
“That’s a very optimistic way of interpreting it,” said Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the office.
Mateljan continued by saying that Bradley hasn’t been cleared of anything and criminal charges can be filed for up to a year after a complaint is first lodged with police. In other words, he isn’t getting a clean slate here. If another incident happens with his wife sometime in the near future, he could face the charges from his arrest last month.
We all have our opinions about Bradley as a ballplayer and a person, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)