Feb 12, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Ever wanted to wear some hip dark frames and manage a major league baseball team? Of course you do. Well, Here’s your chance!
CB Jones of Rays-centric blog DRaysBay has put together a brilliant “Choose Your Own Adventure” game where you star as Joe Maddon.
I won’t give away too much, but the game begins with players deciding whether to give B.J. Upton the green light to steal second base or have John Jaso sacrifice. The rest is sheer brilliance. It almost makes this final weekend before spring training tolerable.
FYI: There’s some mature subject matter in there, depending upon which path you choose. Pack your discretion and sense of humor, please.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 36
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)