Feb 12, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Ever wanted to wear some hip dark frames and manage a major league baseball team? Of course you do. Well, Here’s your chance!
CB Jones of Rays-centric blog DRaysBay has put together a brilliant “Choose Your Own Adventure” game where you star as Joe Maddon.
I won’t give away too much, but the game begins with players deciding whether to give B.J. Upton the green light to steal second base or have John Jaso sacrifice. The rest is sheer brilliance. It almost makes this final weekend before spring training tolerable.
FYI: There’s some mature subject matter in there, depending upon which path you choose. Pack your discretion and sense of humor, please.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)