Feb 12, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Ever wanted to wear some hip dark frames and manage a major league baseball team? Of course you do. Well, Here’s your chance!
CB Jones of Rays-centric blog DRaysBay has put together a brilliant “Choose Your Own Adventure” game where you star as Joe Maddon.
I won’t give away too much, but the game begins with players deciding whether to give B.J. Upton the green light to steal second base or have John Jaso sacrifice. The rest is sheer brilliance. It almost makes this final weekend before spring training tolerable.
FYI: There’s some mature subject matter in there, depending upon which path you choose. Pack your discretion and sense of humor, please.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)