Feb 14, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Aybar’s surgery was described by the team as a minor “clean up” operation and he’s already fully healthy. He originally injured the knee in mid-June when Casey McGehee of the Brewers plowed into him on a takeout slide at second base.
He was initially diagnosed with a hyper-extension and ended up missing only a week or so, but an MRI exam showed meniscus damage and he hit just .234 with a .585 OPS in his final 74 games.
As is so often the case, playing through injury is better in theory than in practice.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)