Feb 14, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
What you missed while taking your five-year-old son to the Children’s Hospital ER at 3AM Sunday morning because of a bad case of the croup but then, when he got better, spending all day listening to him beg for toys and snacks and stuff with the justification of “but DAD, I was in the HOSPITAL this morning.” Or perhaps not everyone did that:
- Brendan Ryan was never on time he was always … sleeping … watch the beat!
- The Red Sox are on the verge of signing a Japanese minor legaue pitcher. You’ll be shocked to learn that offspeed pitches are his bread and butter.
- Roger Clemens telling jokes about throwing a bat at Mike Piazza. Exclusive video here.
- So maybe Milton Bradley has NOT been cleared yet. Wouldn’t want to be that lawyer of his who said the charges were being dropped if, indeed, the charges don’t get dropped.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Joe Maddon version.
- Tony Gwynn is on the mend. Great news.
- Aaron Harang thinks his arm trouble had its roots in fatigue due to being overused and slotted into relief roles. Some tough guys pitcher from the 1970s calling him a baby in 3 … 2 … 1 …
- Does Pedro Martinez have another comeback in him? Because these kinds of things always turn out well.
- Jim Edmonds may not really have a last season in him.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 7
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 91
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)