Feb 14, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
What you missed while taking your five-year-old son to the Children’s Hospital ER at 3AM Sunday morning because of a bad case of the croup but then, when he got better, spending all day listening to him beg for toys and snacks and stuff with the justification of “but DAD, I was in the HOSPITAL this morning.” Or perhaps not everyone did that:
- Brendan Ryan was never on time he was always … sleeping … watch the beat!
- The Red Sox are on the verge of signing a Japanese minor legaue pitcher. You’ll be shocked to learn that offspeed pitches are his bread and butter.
- Roger Clemens telling jokes about throwing a bat at Mike Piazza. Exclusive video here.
- So maybe Milton Bradley has NOT been cleared yet. Wouldn’t want to be that lawyer of his who said the charges were being dropped if, indeed, the charges don’t get dropped.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Joe Maddon version.
- Tony Gwynn is on the mend. Great news.
- Aaron Harang thinks his arm trouble had its roots in fatigue due to being overused and slotted into relief roles. Some tough guys pitcher from the 1970s calling him a baby in 3 … 2 … 1 …
- Does Pedro Martinez have another comeback in him? Because these kinds of things always turn out well.
- Jim Edmonds may not really have a last season in him.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)