Feb 14, 2011, 6:09 AM EST
What you missed while taking your five-year-old son to the Children’s Hospital ER at 3AM Sunday morning because of a bad case of the croup but then, when he got better, spending all day listening to him beg for toys and snacks and stuff with the justification of “but DAD, I was in the HOSPITAL this morning.” Or perhaps not everyone did that:
- Brendan Ryan was never on time he was always … sleeping … watch the beat!
- The Red Sox are on the verge of signing a Japanese minor legaue pitcher. You’ll be shocked to learn that offspeed pitches are his bread and butter.
- Roger Clemens telling jokes about throwing a bat at Mike Piazza. Exclusive video here.
- So maybe Milton Bradley has NOT been cleared yet. Wouldn’t want to be that lawyer of his who said the charges were being dropped if, indeed, the charges don’t get dropped.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Joe Maddon version.
- Tony Gwynn is on the mend. Great news.
- Aaron Harang thinks his arm trouble had its roots in fatigue due to being overused and slotted into relief roles. Some tough guys pitcher from the 1970s calling him a baby in 3 … 2 … 1 …
- Does Pedro Martinez have another comeback in him? Because these kinds of things always turn out well.
- Jim Edmonds may not really have a last season in him.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)