Feb 14, 2011, 6:09 AM EST
What you missed while taking your five-year-old son to the Children’s Hospital ER at 3AM Sunday morning because of a bad case of the croup but then, when he got better, spending all day listening to him beg for toys and snacks and stuff with the justification of “but DAD, I was in the HOSPITAL this morning.” Or perhaps not everyone did that:
- Brendan Ryan was never on time he was always … sleeping … watch the beat!
- The Red Sox are on the verge of signing a Japanese minor legaue pitcher. You’ll be shocked to learn that offspeed pitches are his bread and butter.
- Roger Clemens telling jokes about throwing a bat at Mike Piazza. Exclusive video here.
- So maybe Milton Bradley has NOT been cleared yet. Wouldn’t want to be that lawyer of his who said the charges were being dropped if, indeed, the charges don’t get dropped.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Joe Maddon version.
- Tony Gwynn is on the mend. Great news.
- Aaron Harang thinks his arm trouble had its roots in fatigue due to being overused and slotted into relief roles. Some tough guys pitcher from the 1970s calling him a baby in 3 … 2 … 1 …
- Does Pedro Martinez have another comeback in him? Because these kinds of things always turn out well.
- Jim Edmonds may not really have a last season in him.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)