Feb 14, 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
What you missed while taking your five-year-old son to the Children’s Hospital ER at 3AM Sunday morning because of a bad case of the croup but then, when he got better, spending all day listening to him beg for toys and snacks and stuff with the justification of “but DAD, I was in the HOSPITAL this morning.” Or perhaps not everyone did that:
- Brendan Ryan was never on time he was always … sleeping … watch the beat!
- The Red Sox are on the verge of signing a Japanese minor legaue pitcher. You’ll be shocked to learn that offspeed pitches are his bread and butter.
- Roger Clemens telling jokes about throwing a bat at Mike Piazza. Exclusive video here.
- So maybe Milton Bradley has NOT been cleared yet. Wouldn’t want to be that lawyer of his who said the charges were being dropped if, indeed, the charges don’t get dropped.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Joe Maddon version.
- Tony Gwynn is on the mend. Great news.
- Aaron Harang thinks his arm trouble had its roots in fatigue due to being overused and slotted into relief roles. Some tough guys pitcher from the 1970s calling him a baby in 3 … 2 … 1 …
- Does Pedro Martinez have another comeback in him? Because these kinds of things always turn out well.
- Jim Edmonds may not really have a last season in him.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)