Feb 14, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
There’s not much more to this than Jesse Sanchez asking Morales if he’s going to be ready for opening day and getting “I don’t know” in response.
I don’t follow the Angels as closely as a decent Angels fan, but that there is doubt about Morales being ready to start 2011 is news to me. When he had surgery last year the word was that he was out for 2010. He has been cleared to resume baseball activities, however, and I don’t recall hearing anything about any setbacks in his rehab.
It was a bad winter for the Angels. If Kendry Morales isn’t ready to go and/or isn’t productive this year, the spring isn’t going to be any fun either.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)