Feb 14, 2011, 2:40 PM EST
There’s not much more to this than Jesse Sanchez asking Morales if he’s going to be ready for opening day and getting “I don’t know” in response.
I don’t follow the Angels as closely as a decent Angels fan, but that there is doubt about Morales being ready to start 2011 is news to me. When he had surgery last year the word was that he was out for 2010. He has been cleared to resume baseball activities, however, and I don’t recall hearing anything about any setbacks in his rehab.
It was a bad winter for the Angels. If Kendry Morales isn’t ready to go and/or isn’t productive this year, the spring isn’t going to be any fun either.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 24
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 30
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)