Feb 14, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
There’s not much more to this than Jesse Sanchez asking Morales if he’s going to be ready for opening day and getting “I don’t know” in response.
I don’t follow the Angels as closely as a decent Angels fan, but that there is doubt about Morales being ready to start 2011 is news to me. When he had surgery last year the word was that he was out for 2010. He has been cleared to resume baseball activities, however, and I don’t recall hearing anything about any setbacks in his rehab.
It was a bad winter for the Angels. If Kendry Morales isn’t ready to go and/or isn’t productive this year, the spring isn’t going to be any fun either.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)