Kendry Morales doesn’t know if he’ll be ready for Opening Day

Feb 14, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT

Image (1) kendry%20morales%20homer.jpg for post 5531

There’s not much more to this than Jesse Sanchez asking Morales if he’s going to be ready for opening day and getting “I don’t know” in response.

I don’t follow the Angels as closely as a decent Angels fan, but that there is doubt about Morales being ready to start 2011 is news to me. When he had surgery last year the word was that he was out for 2010. ┬áHe has been cleared to resume baseball activities, however, and I don’t recall hearing anything about any setbacks in his rehab.

It was a bad winter for the Angels. If Kendry Morales isn’t ready to go and/or isn’t productive this year, the spring isn’t going to be any fun either.

1. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Maybe he just needs to get back in shape. I’d be surprised if he had to miss much.

2. pauleee - Feb 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I had heard nothing to suspect he wouldn’t be ready by spring training. No worries, we’ll just stick Napoli, er, no, Franzen, um no…guess Trumbo gets alot of looks this spring. Geez, third place is starting to look like a good outcome this year.

3. SmackSaw - Feb 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

This makes me think of the Angels curse and Bobby Valentine. Mo Vaughn also comes to mind. Sheesh. Well, I’ll always have 2002.

4. Brian Murphy - Feb 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

This is stunning to me. Nearly nine months later and he’s not fully recovered? It’s going to be a tough year in Los Angeles of Anaheim.

5. bigtrav425 - Feb 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

if he isnt healed 9 months after his surgery then something at somepoint in time since then went wrong and hasnt been released to the public yet

A managerial overanalysis epidemic