Feb 14, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
This morning we learned that Angels shortstop Erick Aybar underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in October and now Marlins second baseman Omar Infante revealed that he had emergency gall bladder surgery in December.
I’m not sure why neither team felt it was worth telling anyone about the surgeries until the players showed up for spring training months later, but better late than never I suppose.
Infante was out of commission for six weeks following the operation and the Marlins forbid him from participating in winter ball after acquiring him from the Braves in the Dan Uggla trade. This afternoon Infante admitted that he’s not yet 100 percent healthy, but told Juan C. Rodriguez of the Florida Sun Sentinel that “feel[s] better” and expects to be ready for Opening Day.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (132)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)