Feb 14, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
This morning we learned that Angels shortstop Erick Aybar underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in October and now Marlins second baseman Omar Infante revealed that he had emergency gall bladder surgery in December.
I’m not sure why neither team felt it was worth telling anyone about the surgeries until the players showed up for spring training months later, but better late than never I suppose.
Infante was out of commission for six weeks following the operation and the Marlins forbid him from participating in winter ball after acquiring him from the Braves in the Dan Uggla trade. This afternoon Infante admitted that he’s not yet 100 percent healthy, but told Juan C. Rodriguez of the Florida Sun Sentinel that “feel[s] better” and expects to be ready for Opening Day.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)