Feb 14, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
This morning we learned that Angels shortstop Erick Aybar underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in October and now Marlins second baseman Omar Infante revealed that he had emergency gall bladder surgery in December.
I’m not sure why neither team felt it was worth telling anyone about the surgeries until the players showed up for spring training months later, but better late than never I suppose.
Infante was out of commission for six weeks following the operation and the Marlins forbid him from participating in winter ball after acquiring him from the Braves in the Dan Uggla trade. This afternoon Infante admitted that he’s not yet 100 percent healthy, but told Juan C. Rodriguez of the Florida Sun Sentinel that “feel[s] better” and expects to be ready for Opening Day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)