Feb 14, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
This morning we learned that Angels shortstop Erick Aybar underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in October and now Marlins second baseman Omar Infante revealed that he had emergency gall bladder surgery in December.
I’m not sure why neither team felt it was worth telling anyone about the surgeries until the players showed up for spring training months later, but better late than never I suppose.
Infante was out of commission for six weeks following the operation and the Marlins forbid him from participating in winter ball after acquiring him from the Braves in the Dan Uggla trade. This afternoon Infante admitted that he’s not yet 100 percent healthy, but told Juan C. Rodriguez of the Florida Sun Sentinel that “feel[s] better” and expects to be ready for Opening Day.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11