Feb 14, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
This morning we learned that Angels shortstop Erick Aybar underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in October and now Marlins second baseman Omar Infante revealed that he had emergency gall bladder surgery in December.
I’m not sure why neither team felt it was worth telling anyone about the surgeries until the players showed up for spring training months later, but better late than never I suppose.
Infante was out of commission for six weeks following the operation and the Marlins forbid him from participating in winter ball after acquiring him from the Braves in the Dan Uggla trade. This afternoon Infante admitted that he’s not yet 100 percent healthy, but told Juan C. Rodriguez of the Florida Sun Sentinel that “feel[s] better” and expects to be ready for Opening Day.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)