Feb 14, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
One of my favorite things last spring was how Jason Heyward kept hitting home runs out to right field at the Braves training complex and damaging cars out in the parking lot. Sure, that’s not that big a deal when you consider that the Braves stupidly put a parking lot right over the wall, but it certainly served as an awesomely ominous and badass Heyward harbinger for Braves fanboys to swoon about. Um, not that I, er, know any Braves fanboys around who swooned over Heyward. Not me!
Sadly, however, it seems that the Heyward-demolishes-cars thing is over. Dave O’Brien took a picture from the press box down in Orlando, and it seems that the Braves have put up a protective covering. Those orange tents just over the wall have been pitched in order to keep us all from getting excited it seems.
Guess we’ll have to settle for stories about Julio Teheran throwing the ball through the backstop in order to get us loopy as the spring wears on.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)