Feb 14, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
One of my favorite things last spring was how Jason Heyward kept hitting home runs out to right field at the Braves training complex and damaging cars out in the parking lot. Sure, that’s not that big a deal when you consider that the Braves stupidly put a parking lot right over the wall, but it certainly served as an awesomely ominous and badass Heyward harbinger for Braves fanboys to swoon about. Um, not that I, er, know any Braves fanboys around who swooned over Heyward. Not me!
Sadly, however, it seems that the Heyward-demolishes-cars thing is over. Dave O’Brien took a picture from the press box down in Orlando, and it seems that the Braves have put up a protective covering. Those orange tents just over the wall have been pitched in order to keep us all from getting excited it seems.
Guess we’ll have to settle for stories about Julio Teheran throwing the ball through the backstop in order to get us loopy as the spring wears on.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona