Feb 14, 2011, 9:43 AM EST
Last week there was some stuff about CC Sabathia‘s weight. It was reported that he lost 30 pounds. Brian Cashman wasn’t having it. Today, however, he reported to Yankees camp in Tampa, and multiple reporters have tweeted this morning that Sabathia looks slimmer. He told some of them that he’s probably lost 25 pounds. Mark Feinsand of the Daily News quotes Sabathia explaining how he did it:
“I stopped eating Cap’n Crunch every day. … I used to eat that stuff by the box.”
Word on the street is that the roof of Sabathia’s mouth is in the best shape of its life.
Seriously: how can anyone eat Capn’ Crunch? You may as well just chomp on razor blades. Now, Peanut Butter Crunch: that’s another story …
UPDATE: Glad to see I’m not alone with this.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)