Feb 14, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Last week there was some stuff about CC Sabathia‘s weight. It was reported that he lost 30 pounds. Brian Cashman wasn’t having it. Today, however, he reported to Yankees camp in Tampa, and multiple reporters have tweeted this morning that Sabathia looks slimmer. He told some of them that he’s probably lost 25 pounds. Mark Feinsand of the Daily News quotes Sabathia explaining how he did it:
“I stopped eating Cap’n Crunch every day. … I used to eat that stuff by the box.”
Word on the street is that the roof of Sabathia’s mouth is in the best shape of its life.
Seriously: how can anyone eat Capn’ Crunch? You may as well just chomp on razor blades. Now, Peanut Butter Crunch: that’s another story …
UPDATE: Glad to see I’m not alone with this.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)