The CC Sabathia weight loss plan: easier than you’d think

Feb 14, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT

CC Sabathia

Last week there was some stuff about CC Sabathia‘s weight. It was reported that he lost 30 pounds. Brian Cashman wasn’t having it.  Today, however, he reported to Yankees camp in Tampa, and multiple reporters have tweeted this morning that Sabathia looks slimmer.  He told some of them that he’s probably lost 25 pounds.  Mark Feinsand of the Daily News quotes Sabathia explaining how he did it:

“I stopped eating Cap’n Crunch every day. … I used to eat that stuff by the box.”

Seriously: how can anyone eat Capn’ Crunch?  You may as well just chomp on razor blades.  Now, Peanut Butter Crunch: that’s another story …

UPDATE:  Glad to see I’m not alone with this.

1. billtpa - Feb 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Sabathia only eats food that his initials could stand for. Cap’n Crunch, Carmelized Cheeseburgers, that kind of thing.

• jgraening - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Don’t forget Colonel’s Chicken. Sabathia loves those secret 11 herbs and spices.

2. BC - Feb 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Count Chocula ruled. I was totally PO’d when they took it off the market.

• Gobias Industries - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM

What market are you living in? You should still be able to get it. In fact, up until it closed a few months ago, there was a store in Upstate NY that was still selling Frankenberry and Boo Berry.

And this was my second comment in this thread, by the way. That’s two too many comments on sugary cereals for a 35-year-old guy with a full-time job to be making. Of course if someone wants to begin a discussion on the Pebbles family of cereals, I’m all in…

• Utley's Hair - Feb 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Try Target around Halloween—they had all three of them there (at least around here).

3. Gobias Industries - Feb 14, 2011 at 9:59 AM

“You may as well just chomp on razor blades.” Exactly. That’s why in the 80s I was always rooting for the Soggies to prevail in their quest to destroy the crunch.

Incidentally, does anybody know where I can get a box of them Limited Edition Oops! All Berries?

4. sportsdrenched - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM

There’s a Coco Crisp joke here somewhere.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM

He chews on Coco Crisp when he faces the A’s.

5. phukyouk - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM

First thing that popped into my mind was that FG clip. awesome. simply awesome.

6. Jonny 5 - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I’m a crunch berry fan myself. One bowl of capt’n crunch puts your mouth on the DL for a few days if you don’t let it get soft first. I’m on a lucky Charms kick right now. mmmmm blue diamonds…. aaaagguuhhhhhhh!!!!

7. bluesoxbaseball - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM

“Word on the street is that the roof of Sabathia’s mouth is in the best shape of its life.” Best line ever to appear on this blog.

• phukyouk - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM

that can take a wrong turn sooooooooooooooo fast.

• Utley's Hair - Feb 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

That’s what HE said.

8. cur68 - Feb 14, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I wan to thank C.C. Sabathia and all you guys who commented thus far. I was feeling real bad about my cup of coffee, sausage roll and toast this AM. Not a fresh fruit or veggie in there anywhere before I went and walked the dogs. Now I’m going to spend the rest of my day sitting at my desk crunching numbers. But because of this post and all you sugary cereal fiends (seriously; bless you all!) I can do so guilt free, sure in the knowledge that I may not be all diety virtuous like some people but at least I’m not consuming prodigious quantities of sugar either. BTW I was BIG count chocula fan when I was a kid. 2 bowls of that and I was essentially the ADD poster child for the rest of the day. Ahhh, that chocolaty goodness…

9. JB (the original) - Feb 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Don’t tell me I’m going to have to start thinking of a new moniker for ol’ Clogged Colon.

Orioles turn AL East on its head