Feb 14, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Last week there was some stuff about CC Sabathia‘s weight. It was reported that he lost 30 pounds. Brian Cashman wasn’t having it. Today, however, he reported to Yankees camp in Tampa, and multiple reporters have tweeted this morning that Sabathia looks slimmer. He told some of them that he’s probably lost 25 pounds. Mark Feinsand of the Daily News quotes Sabathia explaining how he did it:
“I stopped eating Cap’n Crunch every day. … I used to eat that stuff by the box.”
Word on the street is that the roof of Sabathia’s mouth is in the best shape of its life.
Seriously: how can anyone eat Capn’ Crunch? You may as well just chomp on razor blades. Now, Peanut Butter Crunch: that’s another story …
UPDATE: Glad to see I’m not alone with this.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)