Feb 14, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Buster Olney has been the primary rumor-mongerer regarding Michael Young. Even as reporters with Rockies sources were saying there was nothing doing between Texas and Colorado, Olney reported otherwise. He’s also reporting that, despite the fact that spring training is starting, there’s still a slight chance that Young could be dealt before having to awkwardly show up at Rangers camp. He phrases it thusly: “the Rangers still have some potential threads to pull on to make a deal, involving young.”
That may be the vaguest rumor ever, but vague may be better than nuts. Here was Olney yesterday:
Michael Young would make a whole lot of sense for Milwaukee, if the money could be worked out. Right now, the Brewers have penciled in Yuniesky Betancourt at shortstop, and Young would be an upgrade in a lot of ways.
We all laugh at Betancourt, but really, would Michael Young be as good a shortstop as Bentancourt at this point?
Although, man, that would be a fun trade, wouldn’t it?
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)