Feb 14, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Buster Olney has been the primary rumor-mongerer regarding Michael Young. Even as reporters with Rockies sources were saying there was nothing doing between Texas and Colorado, Olney reported otherwise. He’s also reporting that, despite the fact that spring training is starting, there’s still a slight chance that Young could be dealt before having to awkwardly show up at Rangers camp. He phrases it thusly: “the Rangers still have some potential threads to pull on to make a deal, involving young.”
That may be the vaguest rumor ever, but vague may be better than nuts. Here was Olney yesterday:
Michael Young would make a whole lot of sense for Milwaukee, if the money could be worked out. Right now, the Brewers have penciled in Yuniesky Betancourt at shortstop, and Young would be an upgrade in a lot of ways.
We all laugh at Betancourt, but really, would Michael Young be as good a shortstop as Bentancourt at this point?
Although, man, that would be a fun trade, wouldn’t it?
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)