Feb 14, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Buster Olney has been the primary rumor-mongerer regarding Michael Young. Even as reporters with Rockies sources were saying there was nothing doing between Texas and Colorado, Olney reported otherwise. He’s also reporting that, despite the fact that spring training is starting, there’s still a slight chance that Young could be dealt before having to awkwardly show up at Rangers camp. He phrases it thusly: “the Rangers still have some potential threads to pull on to make a deal, involving young.”
That may be the vaguest rumor ever, but vague may be better than nuts. Here was Olney yesterday:
Michael Young would make a whole lot of sense for Milwaukee, if the money could be worked out. Right now, the Brewers have penciled in Yuniesky Betancourt at shortstop, and Young would be an upgrade in a lot of ways.
We all laugh at Betancourt, but really, would Michael Young be as good a shortstop as Bentancourt at this point?
Although, man, that would be a fun trade, wouldn’t it?
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)