Feb 14, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Buster Olney has been the primary rumor-mongerer regarding Michael Young. Even as reporters with Rockies sources were saying there was nothing doing between Texas and Colorado, Olney reported otherwise. He’s also reporting that, despite the fact that spring training is starting, there’s still a slight chance that Young could be dealt before having to awkwardly show up at Rangers camp. He phrases it thusly: “the Rangers still have some potential threads to pull on to make a deal, involving young.”
That may be the vaguest rumor ever, but vague may be better than nuts. Here was Olney yesterday:
Michael Young would make a whole lot of sense for Milwaukee, if the money could be worked out. Right now, the Brewers have penciled in Yuniesky Betancourt at shortstop, and Young would be an upgrade in a lot of ways.
We all laugh at Betancourt, but really, would Michael Young be as good a shortstop as Bentancourt at this point?
Although, man, that would be a fun trade, wouldn’t it?
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)