Feb 14, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
Veteran slugger Vladimir Guerrero agreed to a one-year, $8 million contract with the Orioles a whole ten days ago. On Wednesday, he will finally take his physical. If he passes, the O’s will officially introduce him on Friday.
That all comes from Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, who has also caught word that Guerrero will wear his old familiar No. 27 in Baltimore. He sported that number while with the Angels and Rangers.
Vlad finished with a strong .300/.345/.496 batting line, 29 home runs and 115 RBI over 152 games for the Rangers in 2010. His new deal with the O’s will pay him $5 million this year and $3 million in deferments.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 9
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 42
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 61
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)