Feb 14, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
Veteran slugger Vladimir Guerrero agreed to a one-year, $8 million contract with the Orioles a whole ten days ago. On Wednesday, he will finally take his physical. If he passes, the O’s will officially introduce him on Friday.
That all comes from Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, who has also caught word that Guerrero will wear his old familiar No. 27 in Baltimore. He sported that number while with the Angels and Rangers.
Vlad finished with a strong .300/.345/.496 batting line, 29 home runs and 115 RBI over 152 games for the Rangers in 2010. His new deal with the O’s will pay him $5 million this year and $3 million in deferments.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)