Feb 14, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
Veteran slugger Vladimir Guerrero agreed to a one-year, $8 million contract with the Orioles a whole ten days ago. On Wednesday, he will finally take his physical. If he passes, the O’s will officially introduce him on Friday.
That all comes from Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, who has also caught word that Guerrero will wear his old familiar No. 27 in Baltimore. He sported that number while with the Angels and Rangers.
Vlad finished with a strong .300/.345/.496 batting line, 29 home runs and 115 RBI over 152 games for the Rangers in 2010. His new deal with the O’s will pay him $5 million this year and $3 million in deferments.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)