Feb 15, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
Actually, I’m thinking that Valencia is just trolling me here. From his Twitter feed:
Just got done working out, best shape of my life!!! Now to the field!
In other news, the USA Today Daily Pitch blog has begun tracking “best shape of his life” stories. The more the merrier, but really USA Today: you have quite a deficit to make up if you want to get on top of this little cul-de-sac of the baseball world.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)