Feb 15, 2011, 9:51 AM EDT
Back during the Winter Meetings New York Daily News reporter Andy Martino wrote the following:
Here’s some of what we’ve been able to gather during the first day here in Florida. Lots of information swirling around the Twitter, some of it questionable. For example, if the Phillies sign Cliff Lee, I’ll cover spring training in a Speedo.
Based on this picture, I think we must conclude that today he fulfilled his promise.
But yes, I agree that even if that is technical compliance, it is a half-hearted effort. Next time someone says something like that, let’s all be sure we collectively nail down the terms beforehand. Because when a beat writer says he’s gonna wear a Speedo, we should expect a little skin.
Wait. These are beat writers we’re talking about. And most of them aren’t in good shape like Martino is. Let’s just forget I said that, OK? And if you need me, I’ll be huddled over in the corner, rocking back and forth and trying to make the bad thoughts go away.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires