Feb 15, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Not talking about contract extensions during spring training is the new black. Adam Rubin:
Sandy Alderson says “unlikely” any extension talks with Jose Reyes during spring training.
Word on the street is that it has nothing to do with whether the Mets truly want Reyes back on a long term deal. It’s just that, given all that’s happening with team ownership, they really want to keep an eye on the number of mobile minutes they use this spring. They’re roaming in Florida, after all, and that gets expensive fast.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12