Feb 15, 2011, 11:57 AM EST
Not talking about contract extensions during spring training is the new black. Adam Rubin:
Sandy Alderson says “unlikely” any extension talks with Jose Reyes during spring training.
Word on the street is that it has nothing to do with whether the Mets truly want Reyes back on a long term deal. It’s just that, given all that’s happening with team ownership, they really want to keep an eye on the number of mobile minutes they use this spring. They’re roaming in Florida, after all, and that gets expensive fast.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (247)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)