Feb 15, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Not talking about contract extensions during spring training is the new black. Adam Rubin:
Sandy Alderson says “unlikely” any extension talks with Jose Reyes during spring training.
Word on the street is that it has nothing to do with whether the Mets truly want Reyes back on a long term deal. It’s just that, given all that’s happening with team ownership, they really want to keep an eye on the number of mobile minutes they use this spring. They’re roaming in Florida, after all, and that gets expensive fast.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (110)