Feb 16, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
Remember that thing from this morning about Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin talking smack about Panda Express? The restaurant chain whose CEO just happens to be a San Diego Padres minority owner? Well, someone told Maybin about it, because he’s moonwalkin’ away from yesterday’s tweet like Michael Jackson right now:
Man just got back on the wagon panda express was great today, now I’m ready for action…. Best oriental cuisine around… Let’s go…!
It’s OK, Cameron. I’ve been there too. I myself had an uncomfortable day with my corporate overlords that time I decided to write the screed in which I equated the cancellation of “It’s Your Move” to some of history’s greatest atrocities. In hindsight, I was overreacting and my comments in no way reflected on the NBC executives who pulled the plug on THE GREATEST SHOW EVER OH MY GOD WHAT WHERE YOU GUYS THINKING??!!!
Sorry. My phone is ringing. Hmm … someone at 30 Rock. I’ll be right back. Maybe.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)