Feb 16, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
Remember that thing from this morning about Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin talking smack about Panda Express? The restaurant chain whose CEO just happens to be a San Diego Padres minority owner? Well, someone told Maybin about it, because he’s moonwalkin’ away from yesterday’s tweet like Michael Jackson right now:
Man just got back on the wagon panda express was great today, now I’m ready for action…. Best oriental cuisine around… Let’s go…!
It’s OK, Cameron. I’ve been there too. I myself had an uncomfortable day with my corporate overlords that time I decided to write the screed in which I equated the cancellation of “It’s Your Move” to some of history’s greatest atrocities. In hindsight, I was overreacting and my comments in no way reflected on the NBC executives who pulled the plug on THE GREATEST SHOW EVER OH MY GOD WHAT WHERE YOU GUYS THINKING??!!!
Sorry. My phone is ringing. Hmm … someone at 30 Rock. I’ll be right back. Maybe.
- Mark Prior is retiring, will take a job with the Padres 0
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)