Feb 16, 2011, 6:04 AM EDT
It’s early, but the leader in the “best story to come out of spring training” clubhouse comes from the guys at Gaslamp Ball.
Never eat panda express shits had me feeling awful for 2 days back on my grind tomorrow, We got action…
I saw that when he tweeted it. Didn’t think much of it besides “oh how un-fun Twitter will one day be when every athlete hands his tweeting over to PR professionals. When that happens we will no longer have that kind of stuff coming across the wire.”
But the Gaslamp Ball guys know something that apparently Maybin does not know: one of the minority owners of the Padres is Tom Davin, the CEO of Panda Express.
The Padres train in Arizona so presumably anyone who matters with that organization is snug in their beds at the moment and likely not yet aware of Maybin’s tweet. I have this feeling though that all of this is going to lead to an awkward meeting of some kind.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)