Feb 16, 2011, 6:04 AM EDT
It’s early, but the leader in the “best story to come out of spring training” clubhouse comes from the guys at Gaslamp Ball.
Never eat panda express shits had me feeling awful for 2 days back on my grind tomorrow, We got action…
I saw that when he tweeted it. Didn’t think much of it besides “oh how un-fun Twitter will one day be when every athlete hands his tweeting over to PR professionals. When that happens we will no longer have that kind of stuff coming across the wire.”
But the Gaslamp Ball guys know something that apparently Maybin does not know: one of the minority owners of the Padres is Tom Davin, the CEO of Panda Express.
The Padres train in Arizona so presumably anyone who matters with that organization is snug in their beds at the moment and likely not yet aware of Maybin’s tweet. I have this feeling though that all of this is going to lead to an awkward meeting of some kind.
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 0
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 63
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)