Feb 16, 2011, 6:04 AM EDT
It’s early, but the leader in the “best story to come out of spring training” clubhouse comes from the guys at Gaslamp Ball.
Never eat panda express shits had me feeling awful for 2 days back on my grind tomorrow, We got action…
I saw that when he tweeted it. Didn’t think much of it besides “oh how un-fun Twitter will one day be when every athlete hands his tweeting over to PR professionals. When that happens we will no longer have that kind of stuff coming across the wire.”
But the Gaslamp Ball guys know something that apparently Maybin does not know: one of the minority owners of the Padres is Tom Davin, the CEO of Panda Express.
The Padres train in Arizona so presumably anyone who matters with that organization is snug in their beds at the moment and likely not yet aware of Maybin’s tweet. I have this feeling though that all of this is going to lead to an awkward meeting of some kind.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)