Feb 16, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
What, you were expecting Vicente Padilla?
Don Mattingly gave Kershaw the most deserved nod today, and I’m excited about it even if being a team’s Opening Day starter isn’t as significant as some people like to think it is.
The reason for my excitement? It means that we get Tim Lincecum vs. Clayton Kershaw from sunny Dodger Stadium during baseball’s Opening Day bacchanalia on March 31st. 5PM eastern, babies, on national TV, serving as the meat in the three-game sandwich that is being broadcast that day.
I should probably just get divorced preemptively at this point to save me the arguments over me not getting off the couch that day.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)