Feb 16, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
What, you were expecting Vicente Padilla?
Don Mattingly gave Kershaw the most deserved nod today, and I’m excited about it even if being a team’s Opening Day starter isn’t as significant as some people like to think it is.
The reason for my excitement? It means that we get Tim Lincecum vs. Clayton Kershaw from sunny Dodger Stadium during baseball’s Opening Day bacchanalia on March 31st. 5PM eastern, babies, on national TV, serving as the meat in the three-game sandwich that is being broadcast that day.
I should probably just get divorced preemptively at this point to save me the arguments over me not getting off the couch that day.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)