Feb 16, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
What, you were expecting Vicente Padilla?
Don Mattingly gave Kershaw the most deserved nod today, and I’m excited about it even if being a team’s Opening Day starter isn’t as significant as some people like to think it is.
The reason for my excitement? It means that we get Tim Lincecum vs. Clayton Kershaw from sunny Dodger Stadium during baseball’s Opening Day bacchanalia on March 31st. 5PM eastern, babies, on national TV, serving as the meat in the three-game sandwich that is being broadcast that day.
I should probably just get divorced preemptively at this point to save me the arguments over me not getting off the couch that day.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)