Feb 16, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
What, you were expecting Vicente Padilla?
Don Mattingly gave Kershaw the most deserved nod today, and I’m excited about it even if being a team’s Opening Day starter isn’t as significant as some people like to think it is.
The reason for my excitement? It means that we get Tim Lincecum vs. Clayton Kershaw from sunny Dodger Stadium during baseball’s Opening Day bacchanalia on March 31st. 5PM eastern, babies, on national TV, serving as the meat in the three-game sandwich that is being broadcast that day.
I should probably just get divorced preemptively at this point to save me the arguments over me not getting off the couch that day.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)