Feb 16, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Brian Cashman has been the lead B.S. detector when it comes to the weight of Yankees pitchers. The other day he questioned whether CC Sabathia had lost 30 pounds. Sabathia had actually lost 25, though, so Cashman is maybe a bit pessimistic when it comes to these things. But I’ll admit I’m having trouble reading the guy when it comes to his views of Joba Chamberlain’s alleged packing on the muscle:
“He’s heavier, we’ll just leave it at that,” Cashman said.
Told that Chamberlain said he packed on muscle, Cashman said: “He’s obviously heavier. That’s as much as I’ll say.”
Asked if he expected Chamberlain to be lighter by camp’s end, Cashman declined comment.
“He’s heavier,” Cashman said.
Stop the double talk, man? What are you saying? Are you saying he’s heavier?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)