Feb 16, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Brian Cashman has been the lead B.S. detector when it comes to the weight of Yankees pitchers. The other day he questioned whether CC Sabathia had lost 30 pounds. Sabathia had actually lost 25, though, so Cashman is maybe a bit pessimistic when it comes to these things. But I’ll admit I’m having trouble reading the guy when it comes to his views of Joba Chamberlain’s alleged packing on the muscle:
“He’s heavier, we’ll just leave it at that,” Cashman said.
Told that Chamberlain said he packed on muscle, Cashman said: “He’s obviously heavier. That’s as much as I’ll say.”
Asked if he expected Chamberlain to be lighter by camp’s end, Cashman declined comment.
“He’s heavier,” Cashman said.
Stop the double talk, man? What are you saying? Are you saying he’s heavier?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)