Feb 16, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Brian Cashman has been the lead B.S. detector when it comes to the weight of Yankees pitchers. The other day he questioned whether CC Sabathia had lost 30 pounds. Sabathia had actually lost 25, though, so Cashman is maybe a bit pessimistic when it comes to these things. But I’ll admit I’m having trouble reading the guy when it comes to his views of Joba Chamberlain’s alleged packing on the muscle:
“He’s heavier, we’ll just leave it at that,” Cashman said.
Told that Chamberlain said he packed on muscle, Cashman said: “He’s obviously heavier. That’s as much as I’ll say.”
Asked if he expected Chamberlain to be lighter by camp’s end, Cashman declined comment.
“He’s heavier,” Cashman said.
Stop the double talk, man? What are you saying? Are you saying he’s heavier?
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)