Feb 16, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Brian Cashman has been the lead B.S. detector when it comes to the weight of Yankees pitchers. The other day he questioned whether CC Sabathia had lost 30 pounds. Sabathia had actually lost 25, though, so Cashman is maybe a bit pessimistic when it comes to these things. But I’ll admit I’m having trouble reading the guy when it comes to his views of Joba Chamberlain’s alleged packing on the muscle:
“He’s heavier, we’ll just leave it at that,” Cashman said.
Told that Chamberlain said he packed on muscle, Cashman said: “He’s obviously heavier. That’s as much as I’ll say.”
Asked if he expected Chamberlain to be lighter by camp’s end, Cashman declined comment.
“He’s heavier,” Cashman said.
Stop the double talk, man? What are you saying? Are you saying he’s heavier?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (315)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)