Feb 17, 2011, 2:59 PM EST
We Braves fans get knocked for being apathetic on the one hand and then we get sued the moment we show any spirit. How is that fair?!
A Pittsburgh Pirates fan is suing the Atlanta Braves because the baseball club’s security officers and ushers allegedly ignored complaints about six rowdy fans who later attacked the Macon man, knocking out 11 teeth, breaking his jaw and leaving him in a pool of blood outside a Turner Field restroom.
Seriously, though, the details sound awful. No clue if the suit has any merit or if the Braves have any liability, but I would think that it’s hard to fake having 11 teeth knocked out. No matter what went down, this guy sounded like he had a bad game.
I’ve been at ballgames where groups of drunkards sat near me. I’ve been lucky enough, however, that they’re always the good natured kind of drunkards who make you laugh, not the obnoxious ones. I don’t think my experience is necessarily representative of those who encounter drunks at ballgames though.
(thanks to Brian E. for the heads up)
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 14
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 71
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)