Feb 17, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
We Braves fans get knocked for being apathetic on the one hand and then we get sued the moment we show any spirit. How is that fair?!
A Pittsburgh Pirates fan is suing the Atlanta Braves because the baseball club’s security officers and ushers allegedly ignored complaints about six rowdy fans who later attacked the Macon man, knocking out 11 teeth, breaking his jaw and leaving him in a pool of blood outside a Turner Field restroom.
Seriously, though, the details sound awful. No clue if the suit has any merit or if the Braves have any liability, but I would think that it’s hard to fake having 11 teeth knocked out. No matter what went down, this guy sounded like he had a bad game.
I’ve been at ballgames where groups of drunkards sat near me. I’ve been lucky enough, however, that they’re always the good natured kind of drunkards who make you laugh, not the obnoxious ones. I don’t think my experience is necessarily representative of those who encounter drunks at ballgames though.
(thanks to Brian E. for the heads up)
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead