Feb 17, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
We Braves fans get knocked for being apathetic on the one hand and then we get sued the moment we show any spirit. How is that fair?!
A Pittsburgh Pirates fan is suing the Atlanta Braves because the baseball club’s security officers and ushers allegedly ignored complaints about six rowdy fans who later attacked the Macon man, knocking out 11 teeth, breaking his jaw and leaving him in a pool of blood outside a Turner Field restroom.
Seriously, though, the details sound awful. No clue if the suit has any merit or if the Braves have any liability, but I would think that it’s hard to fake having 11 teeth knocked out. No matter what went down, this guy sounded like he had a bad game.
I’ve been at ballgames where groups of drunkards sat near me. I’ve been lucky enough, however, that they’re always the good natured kind of drunkards who make you laugh, not the obnoxious ones. I don’t think my experience is necessarily representative of those who encounter drunks at ballgames though.
(thanks to Brian E. for the heads up)
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)