Feb 17, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
We Braves fans get knocked for being apathetic on the one hand and then we get sued the moment we show any spirit. How is that fair?!
A Pittsburgh Pirates fan is suing the Atlanta Braves because the baseball club’s security officers and ushers allegedly ignored complaints about six rowdy fans who later attacked the Macon man, knocking out 11 teeth, breaking his jaw and leaving him in a pool of blood outside a Turner Field restroom.
Seriously, though, the details sound awful. No clue if the suit has any merit or if the Braves have any liability, but I would think that it’s hard to fake having 11 teeth knocked out. No matter what went down, this guy sounded like he had a bad game.
I’ve been at ballgames where groups of drunkards sat near me. I’ve been lucky enough, however, that they’re always the good natured kind of drunkards who make you laugh, not the obnoxious ones. I don’t think my experience is necessarily representative of those who encounter drunks at ballgames though.
(thanks to Brian E. for the heads up)
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)