Feb 17, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
After sitting out all of last season following back surgery Joe Crede signed a minor-league deal with Colorado last month, but the veteran third baseman has decided not to show up at Rockies camp next week and is now a free agent again.
His agent, Scott Boras, previously said that Crede was “healthy and ready to go” and there’s no indication yet why he decided not to compete for a job with the Rockies, but the no-show may end whatever chance the oft-injured 32-year-old had of playing in the majors again.
Crede had a good first half for the Twins in 2009, but fell apart in the second half while missing all but 22 games with more back problems and eventually underwent his third operation in three years.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)