Feb 17, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski spoke to reporters for an extended period of time Thursday about Miguel Cabrera‘s Wednesday DUI arrest. Dombrowski touched on a number of important items, but he didn’t have an answer to the question, “When will Cabrera arrive at spring camp?”
Now we know.
According to Noah Trister of the Associated Press, via NBCSports.com, Cabrera has made plans to show up to spring training on Saturday for the first round of position player workouts.
He is still facing a couple of serious charges, including resisting an officer without violence, but his offseason home is not farm from the Tigers’ spring training complex in Lakeland, Florida. He can still make court dates while also showing his face at team practices and gearing up for the start of the regular season.
The Tigers haven’t decided what course of action they’re going to take to further punish Cabrera. It will likely involve some treatment and maybe even a short regular season suspension.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)