Feb 17, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski spoke to reporters for an extended period of time Thursday about Miguel Cabrera‘s Wednesday DUI arrest. Dombrowski touched on a number of important items, but he didn’t have an answer to the question, “When will Cabrera arrive at spring camp?”
Now we know.
According to Noah Trister of the Associated Press, via NBCSports.com, Cabrera has made plans to show up to spring training on Saturday for the first round of position player workouts.
He is still facing a couple of serious charges, including resisting an officer without violence, but his offseason home is not farm from the Tigers’ spring training complex in Lakeland, Florida. He can still make court dates while also showing his face at team practices and gearing up for the start of the regular season.
The Tigers haven’t decided what course of action they’re going to take to further punish Cabrera. It will likely involve some treatment and maybe even a short regular season suspension.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)