Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun with Dallas Braden last year, what with the “get off my mound” stuff and the “we don’t do much talkin’ in the 209” stuff. But one thing they do do in the 209, apparently, is reward the guy who caught your perfect game. Specifically, by sending him and his wife to the 808:
Dallas Braden knows how to show appreciation.
The left-hander sent teammate Landon Powell and Powell’s wife, Allyson, on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Maui in January — a gesture of thanks for Powell catching Braden’s perfect game last May.
Braden told Powell the present was coming during the A’s final road trip last season. He put up the couple at the Four Seasons.
Pretty classy stuff from a guy some of accused of being a bit less than classy last year. Good show, Mr. Braden.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)