Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun with Dallas Braden last year, what with the “get off my mound” stuff and the “we don’t do much talkin’ in the 209” stuff. But one thing they do do in the 209, apparently, is reward the guy who caught your perfect game. Specifically, by sending him and his wife to the 808:
Dallas Braden knows how to show appreciation.
The left-hander sent teammate Landon Powell and Powell’s wife, Allyson, on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Maui in January — a gesture of thanks for Powell catching Braden’s perfect game last May.
Braden told Powell the present was coming during the A’s final road trip last season. He put up the couple at the Four Seasons.
Pretty classy stuff from a guy some of accused of being a bit less than classy last year. Good show, Mr. Braden.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)