Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun with Dallas Braden last year, what with the “get off my mound” stuff and the “we don’t do much talkin’ in the 209” stuff. But one thing they do do in the 209, apparently, is reward the guy who caught your perfect game. Specifically, by sending him and his wife to the 808:
Dallas Braden knows how to show appreciation.
The left-hander sent teammate Landon Powell and Powell’s wife, Allyson, on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Maui in January — a gesture of thanks for Powell catching Braden’s perfect game last May.
Braden told Powell the present was coming during the A’s final road trip last season. He put up the couple at the Four Seasons.
Pretty classy stuff from a guy some of accused of being a bit less than classy last year. Good show, Mr. Braden.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)