Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun with Dallas Braden last year, what with the “get off my mound” stuff and the “we don’t do much talkin’ in the 209” stuff. But one thing they do do in the 209, apparently, is reward the guy who caught your perfect game. Specifically, by sending him and his wife to the 808:
Dallas Braden knows how to show appreciation.
The left-hander sent teammate Landon Powell and Powell’s wife, Allyson, on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Maui in January — a gesture of thanks for Powell catching Braden’s perfect game last May.
Braden told Powell the present was coming during the A’s final road trip last season. He put up the couple at the Four Seasons.
Pretty classy stuff from a guy some of accused of being a bit less than classy last year. Good show, Mr. Braden.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)