Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We all had a lot of fun with Dallas Braden last year, what with the “get off my mound” stuff and the “we don’t do much talkin’ in the 209” stuff. But one thing they do do in the 209, apparently, is reward the guy who caught your perfect game. Specifically, by sending him and his wife to the 808:
Dallas Braden knows how to show appreciation.
The left-hander sent teammate Landon Powell and Powell’s wife, Allyson, on an all-expenses-paid vacation to Maui in January — a gesture of thanks for Powell catching Braden’s perfect game last May.
Braden told Powell the present was coming during the A’s final road trip last season. He put up the couple at the Four Seasons.
Pretty classy stuff from a guy some of accused of being a bit less than classy last year. Good show, Mr. Braden.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)