Feb 19, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
As expected, Michael Young made his way to Rangers’ camp in Surprise, Arizona earlier today.
Young quickly cut to the chase upon his arrival, taking questions from the media about his recent trade request. According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Young said that he will not address trade rumors this spring.
“I’m here to get ready for baseball season,” Young said. “This is the time of year that I love. I’m excited to be here and I want to get out and play. After all this is done, I still have a season to get ready for. The whole day and a half I spent driving here, this situation wasn’t on my mind; getting ready for the season was. I’ve had a couple of candid conversations with Nolan Ryan. He knows where I’m at and I know where he’s at. To address trade rumors would disrupt my teammates from getting prepared for the season and I’m not going to do that.”
Young also said that he doesn’t want to put any more “gasoline on the fire” as far as his current situation with the club, but added that he doesn’t feel there’s any need to speak with Rangers general manager Jon Daniels. He’s not very good at this, is he?
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)