Feb 19, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
As expected, Michael Young made his way to Rangers’ camp in Surprise, Arizona earlier today.
Young quickly cut to the chase upon his arrival, taking questions from the media about his recent trade request. According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Young said that he will not address trade rumors this spring.
“I’m here to get ready for baseball season,” Young said. “This is the time of year that I love. I’m excited to be here and I want to get out and play. After all this is done, I still have a season to get ready for. The whole day and a half I spent driving here, this situation wasn’t on my mind; getting ready for the season was. I’ve had a couple of candid conversations with Nolan Ryan. He knows where I’m at and I know where he’s at. To address trade rumors would disrupt my teammates from getting prepared for the season and I’m not going to do that.”
Young also said that he doesn’t want to put any more “gasoline on the fire” as far as his current situation with the club, but added that he doesn’t feel there’s any need to speak with Rangers general manager Jon Daniels. He’s not very good at this, is he?
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)