Feb 19, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
As expected, Michael Young made his way to Rangers’ camp in Surprise, Arizona earlier today.
Young quickly cut to the chase upon his arrival, taking questions from the media about his recent trade request. According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Young said that he will not address trade rumors this spring.
“I’m here to get ready for baseball season,” Young said. “This is the time of year that I love. I’m excited to be here and I want to get out and play. After all this is done, I still have a season to get ready for. The whole day and a half I spent driving here, this situation wasn’t on my mind; getting ready for the season was. I’ve had a couple of candid conversations with Nolan Ryan. He knows where I’m at and I know where he’s at. To address trade rumors would disrupt my teammates from getting prepared for the season and I’m not going to do that.”
Young also said that he doesn’t want to put any more “gasoline on the fire” as far as his current situation with the club, but added that he doesn’t feel there’s any need to speak with Rangers general manager Jon Daniels. He’s not very good at this, is he?
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)