Feb 19, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
Today is the official day for Rangers’ position players to report to spring training. Not that we didn’t expect him to be there or anything, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that Michael Young will indeed be in Surprise, Arizona today.
Just because Young is reporting to camp doesn’t mean a trade is completely dead. Sources tell Sullivan that the Rangers are still talking to other teams about a trade, though nothing is imminent. The Rangers have been reluctant to cover a significant part of his remaining $48 million salary throughout this entire process.
Young hasn’t been available for comment since his very public blowup a little less than three weeks ago, but Sullivan reports that he will likely address the media upon his arrival later today. Let’s hope his navigation system doesn’t mislead and manipulate him.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)