Feb 19, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
Today is the official day for Rangers’ position players to report to spring training. Not that we didn’t expect him to be there or anything, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that Michael Young will indeed be in Surprise, Arizona today.
Just because Young is reporting to camp doesn’t mean a trade is completely dead. Sources tell Sullivan that the Rangers are still talking to other teams about a trade, though nothing is imminent. The Rangers have been reluctant to cover a significant part of his remaining $48 million salary throughout this entire process.
Young hasn’t been available for comment since his very public blowup a little less than three weeks ago, but Sullivan reports that he will likely address the media upon his arrival later today. Let’s hope his navigation system doesn’t mislead and manipulate him.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)