Feb 19, 2011, 8:37 AM EST
Today is the official day for Rangers’ position players to report to spring training. Not that we didn’t expect him to be there or anything, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that Michael Young will indeed be in Surprise, Arizona today.
Just because Young is reporting to camp doesn’t mean a trade is completely dead. Sources tell Sullivan that the Rangers are still talking to other teams about a trade, though nothing is imminent. The Rangers have been reluctant to cover a significant part of his remaining $48 million salary throughout this entire process.
Young hasn’t been available for comment since his very public blowup a little less than three weeks ago, but Sullivan reports that he will likely address the media upon his arrival later today. Let’s hope his navigation system doesn’t mislead and manipulate him.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)