Feb 19, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
Today is the official day for Rangers’ position players to report to spring training. Not that we didn’t expect him to be there or anything, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that Michael Young will indeed be in Surprise, Arizona today.
Just because Young is reporting to camp doesn’t mean a trade is completely dead. Sources tell Sullivan that the Rangers are still talking to other teams about a trade, though nothing is imminent. The Rangers have been reluctant to cover a significant part of his remaining $48 million salary throughout this entire process.
Young hasn’t been available for comment since his very public blowup a little less than three weeks ago, but Sullivan reports that he will likely address the media upon his arrival later today. Let’s hope his navigation system doesn’t mislead and manipulate him.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)