Feb 19, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
Today is the official day for Rangers’ position players to report to spring training. Not that we didn’t expect him to be there or anything, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels confirmed to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that Michael Young will indeed be in Surprise, Arizona today.
Just because Young is reporting to camp doesn’t mean a trade is completely dead. Sources tell Sullivan that the Rangers are still talking to other teams about a trade, though nothing is imminent. The Rangers have been reluctant to cover a significant part of his remaining $48 million salary throughout this entire process.
Young hasn’t been available for comment since his very public blowup a little less than three weeks ago, but Sullivan reports that he will likely address the media upon his arrival later today. Let’s hope his navigation system doesn’t mislead and manipulate him.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)