Feb 19, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
The Rockies have inked Matt Belisle to a two-year, $6.125 million contract, according to the right-hander’s agency CAA.
Brief sidenote: It’s interesting to see how many contract announcements were made over Twitter this offseason, either by the team or an agency. It probably won’t be long before this is commonplace.
Anyhow, the Rockies and Belisle avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $2.35 million contract last month, so this new deal buys out his first year of free agency, as well. He could make more with performance-based incentives.
Belisle had a 5.10 ERA over 156 major league appearances prior to 2010, but he was arguably the most valuable arm in the Rockies’ bullpen last season, posting a 2.93 ERA, 1.09 WHIP and 91/16 K/BB ratio over 92 innings.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 129
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 244
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (250)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)