Feb 20, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
Rejecting contract offers this late in the offseason is a little crazy. Rejecting contract offers this late in the offseason from the Yankees is even crazier.
Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Millwood…
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, Millwood has turned down a minor league contract offer from the Yankees because he is seeking something with more of a guarantee.
The Indians have also expressed interest and may eventually buck up with a big league offer and guaranteed roster spot, but the Yankees were reportedly willing to sign him to a contract with a structure similar to Freddy Garcia’s deal, which could potentiality pay out over $5 million this season when you factor in all of the performance-based incentives.
Millwood, 36, went 4-16 with a 5.10 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and 132 strikeouts across 31 starts last year for the Orioles. The Yanks are continuing to talk with him.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)