Feb 20, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
Rejecting contract offers this late in the offseason is a little crazy. Rejecting contract offers this late in the offseason from the Yankees is even crazier.
Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Millwood…
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, Millwood has turned down a minor league contract offer from the Yankees because he is seeking something with more of a guarantee.
The Indians have also expressed interest and may eventually buck up with a big league offer and guaranteed roster spot, but the Yankees were reportedly willing to sign him to a contract with a structure similar to Freddy Garcia’s deal, which could potentiality pay out over $5 million this season when you factor in all of the performance-based incentives.
Millwood, 36, went 4-16 with a 5.10 ERA, 1.51 WHIP and 132 strikeouts across 31 starts last year for the Orioles. The Yanks are continuing to talk with him.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)