Feb 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Adrian Beltre has a calf strain. It’s not a biggie, though, as it will only keep him from running. He can still take BP and do fielding drills.
I know this is minor, but I find it interesting anyway because I can’t help but wonder if a tiny little malady like this at this particular time of the year isn’t something some players are rather pleased to have. ”Oh, drat! There is something amiss that will not affect me in any way whatsoever except that it will prevent me from doing wind sprints in the outfield! Oh, cruel fates! Why dost thou damn me so?!”
Then again, maybe this is the case of a schlubby and lazy 37-year-old computer jockey projecting a bit.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)