Feb 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Adrian Beltre has a calf strain. It’s not a biggie, though, as it will only keep him from running. He can still take BP and do fielding drills.
I know this is minor, but I find it interesting anyway because I can’t help but wonder if a tiny little malady like this at this particular time of the year isn’t something some players are rather pleased to have. “Oh, drat! There is something amiss that will not affect me in any way whatsoever except that it will prevent me from doing wind sprints in the outfield! Oh, cruel fates! Why dost thou damn me so?!”
Then again, maybe this is the case of a schlubby and lazy 37-year-old computer jockey projecting a bit.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (153)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)