Feb 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Adrian Beltre has a calf strain. It’s not a biggie, though, as it will only keep him from running. He can still take BP and do fielding drills.
I know this is minor, but I find it interesting anyway because I can’t help but wonder if a tiny little malady like this at this particular time of the year isn’t something some players are rather pleased to have. ”Oh, drat! There is something amiss that will not affect me in any way whatsoever except that it will prevent me from doing wind sprints in the outfield! Oh, cruel fates! Why dost thou damn me so?!”
Then again, maybe this is the case of a schlubby and lazy 37-year-old computer jockey projecting a bit.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)