Feb 21, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
David Villavicencio of FoxSports Florida.com notes that Aroldis Chapman has an interesting tattoo on his left wrist: “a baseball with a trail of flames and the inscription ’105.1 MPH.’”
Interesting, but troublesome, at least if you’re a pessimist like me. I mean, what if something happens to him someday and he can’t bring the gas anymore? And his efforts to make a comeback as a junkballer fall flat? And he finds himself sitting in a half-empty, decaying mansion, depressed over the glory that was denied him by the cruel fates? I mean, at that point he’s going to have no choice but to go all Ash-from-Evil-Dead on his arm, getting rid of the tattoo and everything past it? That’s the only logical outcome to all of this, right?
In other news, the biggest thing holding me back from getting a tattoo is not the pain or even how it would look, but rather the mortal fear that whatever I got would be lame and/or culturally or personally inoperative within a couple of years.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 17
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?