Feb 21, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
David Villavicencio of FoxSports Florida.com notes that Aroldis Chapman has an interesting tattoo on his left wrist: “a baseball with a trail of flames and the inscription ‘105.1 MPH.'”
Interesting, but troublesome, at least if you’re a pessimist like me. I mean, what if something happens to him someday and he can’t bring the gas anymore? And his efforts to make a comeback as a junkballer fall flat? And he finds himself sitting in a half-empty, decaying mansion, depressed over the glory that was denied him by the cruel fates? I mean, at that point he’s going to have no choice but to go all Ash-from-Evil-Dead on his arm, getting rid of the tattoo and everything past it? That’s the only logical outcome to all of this, right?
In other news, the biggest thing holding me back from getting a tattoo is not the pain or even how it would look, but rather the mortal fear that whatever I got would be lame and/or culturally or personally inoperative within a couple of years.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27