Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
No, that’s not the start of a joke. It’s just a report from this past weekend, according to TMZ:
Sheen tells us … in addition to flying in SF Giants pitcher Brian “The Beard” Wilson on his jet from Arizona to L.A. … Charlie also imported Kenny Lofton, Todd Zeile, Eddie Murray, Lenny Dykstra and others.
We’re told Pete Rose was supposed to show … but got stuck somewhere and couldn’t make it. Charlie says he assembled the crew to screen his classic flick, “Major League” … and he even brought in the writer and director, David S. Ward, to give an introduction in Charlie’s private theater.
I obviously don’t approve of Charlie Sheen’s abuse of drugs, his manifest misogyny or his fraternization with Lenny Dykstra, but … that does sound like an epic weekend, no?
In other news, I’m guessing that Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean have a meeting with Brian Wilson today about where he spends his weekends.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)