Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
No, that’s not the start of a joke. It’s just a report from this past weekend, according to TMZ:
Sheen tells us … in addition to flying in SF Giants pitcher Brian “The Beard” Wilson on his jet from Arizona to L.A. … Charlie also imported Kenny Lofton, Todd Zeile, Eddie Murray, Lenny Dykstra and others.
We’re told Pete Rose was supposed to show … but got stuck somewhere and couldn’t make it. Charlie says he assembled the crew to screen his classic flick, “Major League” … and he even brought in the writer and director, David S. Ward, to give an introduction in Charlie’s private theater.
I obviously don’t approve of Charlie Sheen’s abuse of drugs, his manifest misogyny or his fraternization with Lenny Dykstra, but … that does sound like an epic weekend, no?
In other news, I’m guessing that Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean have a meeting with Brian Wilson today about where he spends his weekends.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 0
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 17
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (121)