Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
No, that’s not the start of a joke. It’s just a report from this past weekend, according to TMZ:
Sheen tells us … in addition to flying in SF Giants pitcher Brian “The Beard” Wilson on his jet from Arizona to L.A. … Charlie also imported Kenny Lofton, Todd Zeile, Eddie Murray, Lenny Dykstra and others.
We’re told Pete Rose was supposed to show … but got stuck somewhere and couldn’t make it. Charlie says he assembled the crew to screen his classic flick, “Major League” … and he even brought in the writer and director, David S. Ward, to give an introduction in Charlie’s private theater.
I obviously don’t approve of Charlie Sheen’s abuse of drugs, his manifest misogyny or his fraternization with Lenny Dykstra, but … that does sound like an epic weekend, no?
In other news, I’m guessing that Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean have a meeting with Brian Wilson today about where he spends his weekends.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (179)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (138)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)