Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
No, that’s not the start of a joke. It’s just a report from this past weekend, according to TMZ:
Sheen tells us … in addition to flying in SF Giants pitcher Brian “The Beard” Wilson on his jet from Arizona to L.A. … Charlie also imported Kenny Lofton, Todd Zeile, Eddie Murray, Lenny Dykstra and others.
We’re told Pete Rose was supposed to show … but got stuck somewhere and couldn’t make it. Charlie says he assembled the crew to screen his classic flick, “Major League” … and he even brought in the writer and director, David S. Ward, to give an introduction in Charlie’s private theater.
I obviously don’t approve of Charlie Sheen’s abuse of drugs, his manifest misogyny or his fraternization with Lenny Dykstra, but … that does sound like an epic weekend, no?
In other news, I’m guessing that Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean have a meeting with Brian Wilson today about where he spends his weekends.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)