Feb 21, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Union head Michael Weiner is taking his annual tour of spring training facilities, and while at Cardinals camp today he said that, though the current labor deal doesn’t expire until December, he’d like talks about a new collective bargaining agreement to be held before the season begins.
I’m assuming that the primary reason for this is to show off. I mean, if the union and the league actually sat down today, there’s a decent chance they’d have a new deal in place before the NFL’s lockout starts in a couple of weeks.
How cool would that be? If that happened Selig and Weiner could simply release a statement saying “while we have important differences of opinion on many matters, we also realize that killing a great thing is totally insane. I mean, really dudes.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)