Feb 22, 2011, 12:17 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has an interesting note about Corey Hart, who had a career-year in 2010 while everyone thought he was wearing contact lenses the Brewers recommended when a spring training physical exam revealed near-sightedness.
However, after struggling to adjust to the contacts so much that he was worried about being released Hart says he “threw them away after spring training” and “never wore the contacts after the season started.”
Not following the team’s recommendation after back-to-back disappointing seasons is an easy way to get in the doghouse, but Hart made that a moot point by hitting .283 with a career-high 31 homers and 102 RBIs, boosting his OPS by 112 points. And in August he signed a three-year, $26.5 million contract extension.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40