Feb 22, 2011, 11:09 AM EST
As if you expected anything else. Jeter, when asked about Hank Steinbrenner’s comments from yesterday, basically laughed them off. Ben Shpigel has the full rundown. You will not be at all surprised to see that Jeter closed with “Owners can say what they want.”
Which is all sad. I mean, how awesome would it have been if Jeter gave a heartfelt and near-teary-eyed defense of himself and the mansion he’s building? If he said that he gave everything he had to the Yankees for the past 16 years and that it pained him deeply to be questioned by Mr. Steinbrenner?
Oh well. That’s why he’s Derek Jeter.
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)