Feb 22, 2011, 11:09 AM EDT
As if you expected anything else. Jeter, when asked about Hank Steinbrenner’s comments from yesterday, basically laughed them off. Ben Shpigel has the full rundown. You will not be at all surprised to see that Jeter closed with “Owners can say what they want.”
Which is all sad. I mean, how awesome would it have been if Jeter gave a heartfelt and near-teary-eyed defense of himself and the mansion he’s building? If he said that he gave everything he had to the Yankees for the past 16 years and that it pained him deeply to be questioned by Mr. Steinbrenner?
Oh well. That’s why he’s Derek Jeter.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness