Feb 22, 2011, 11:09 AM EST
As if you expected anything else. Jeter, when asked about Hank Steinbrenner’s comments from yesterday, basically laughed them off. Ben Shpigel has the full rundown. You will not be at all surprised to see that Jeter closed with “Owners can say what they want.”
Which is all sad. I mean, how awesome would it have been if Jeter gave a heartfelt and near-teary-eyed defense of himself and the mansion he’s building? If he said that he gave everything he had to the Yankees for the past 16 years and that it pained him deeply to be questioned by Mr. Steinbrenner?
Oh well. That’s why he’s Derek Jeter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)