Feb 22, 2011, 11:09 AM EDT
As if you expected anything else. Jeter, when asked about Hank Steinbrenner’s comments from yesterday, basically laughed them off. Ben Shpigel has the full rundown. You will not be at all surprised to see that Jeter closed with “Owners can say what they want.”
Which is all sad. I mean, how awesome would it have been if Jeter gave a heartfelt and near-teary-eyed defense of himself and the mansion he’s building? If he said that he gave everything he had to the Yankees for the past 16 years and that it pained him deeply to be questioned by Mr. Steinbrenner?
Oh well. That’s why he’s Derek Jeter.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)