Feb 23, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Roberts missed nearly the entire first half of last season with a herniated disk in his back and sat out the final week due to a concussion, but in between he hit .287 with a .763 OPS and 10 steals in 55 second-half games and came into spring training healthy at age 33.
For now Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com deems the X-rays “precautionary,” but also says “it’s possible his neck stiffness … could be related to his back.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming