Feb 23, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
Roberts missed nearly the entire first half of last season with a herniated disk in his back and sat out the final week due to a concussion, but in between he hit .287 with a .763 OPS and 10 steals in 55 second-half games and came into spring training healthy at age 33.
For now Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com deems the X-rays “precautionary,” but also says “it’s possible his neck stiffness … could be related to his back.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)