Feb 24, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
Cabrera has been away from camp after being arrested on DUI charges on Feb. 16. According to a Detroit News report, Cabrera’s agent, Fernando Cuza, met with Tigers brass for an hour on Wednesday evening. Cabrera was not in attendence.
The forthcoming “decision” could have something to do with an extended leave of absence for Cabrera. He’s been underdoing evaluation by MLB doctors and addiction specialists since the incident last week.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)