Feb 24, 2011, 6:26 PM EST
The Indians may be getting a new setup man.
Durbin was thought to be holding out for offers from contending clubs, but spring training is officially underway now and exhibition games begin this weekend. He probably has a desire to get into a camp and begin readying himself for the season.
The 33-year-old right-hander posted a 3.80 ERA and struck out 63 batters against 27 walks last season in 68.2 frames of relief work for the Phillies. He will likely operate in the seventh and eighth innings behind closer Chris Perez in Cleveland. If Durbin does well enough, perhaps a contender will come calling mid-summer.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)