Feb 24, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
Consistent with our policy, over the past several days Miguel Cabrera has been evaluated by representatives of the Treatment Board jointly operated by the commissioner’s office and the MLBPA.
Our Treatment Board is staffed by outstanding doctors who are experts in dealing with addiction issues. Mr. Cabrera has voluntarily cooperated and has been completely forthcoming in this process.
As a result of the evaluation, the Treatment Board has recommended a multifaceted, professionally administered program for Mr. Cabrera, which will include supervision as is necessary to ensure that he adheres to his program.
Mr. Cabrera understands the importance of this program and is fully committed to the program. He also understands that any future alcohol-related incidents could involve more serious consequences.
In other words he’ll enter some sort of supervised program, the details of which aren’t clear, and will not be punished by MLB or the Tigers at this time. He’s expected to participate fully in team workouts as soon as tomorrow and should be ready for game action next week.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3